Quote Originally Posted by Mark Blatter View Post
I know I don't have any obstructions in my pipes, plus since right now only the wide belt is hooked up, I have gates on the openings where the other pipes will go eventually. I had both of the gates partially open to minimize the pressure on the system.

It is highly likely that the seal on the collection bin (plastic can) is not solid as it starts to collapse. That explains the dust in the filters. Knowing that there is a significant suction on the can, I am thinking I will get a metal can so that isn't a problem in the future.
Sometimes the obstruction is the pipe itself. What diameter main trunk are you using? How long is it?

There should be negative pressure inside a cyclones drop bin. With all my gates closed I am pulling 20 inches water column at the intake of the cyclone. This is about 0.7 pounds of force per square inch. My DC would crush a Rubbermaid trash pale. I would have almost no problem picking up a 16lbs. bowling ball with 5 inch pipe.

You do want to illuminate as many leaks as possible, between the trash bin and blower side of the cyclone. If you don’t the finest dust Will make it through to the filter.