Thread: FS for good cause: 2 Disston 7-8 PPI, 26” Crosscut Saws: restored, sharpened, tuned

Smile FS for good cause: 2 Disston 7-8 PPI, 26” Crosscut Saws: restored, sharpened, tuned

Proceeds from the sale of these saws go 100% to “Angel Tree” – charity that supports kids with incarcerated parents and their families at Christmas.

I’ve been restoring, sharpening, tuning and using hand saws for 20 years. This isn’t my business but I like to pass them along to fellow hand tool woodworker’s who will appreciate and enjoy them and use proceeds for good causes.

I have restored/sharpened/tuned these saws to the highest standards, under magnification with high quality files without concern for time, effort, materials etc. because that’s how I like them. Details below:

• All saws have straight, 100% stiff plates that are slick and smooth. Soaked in Evaporust, hand scraped with a razor blade, sanded and buffed with 3 different grades of abrasive. All plates are straight, stiff and slick.

• Totes are 100% solid – soaked overnight in oil/ varnish mixture, cleaned of superficial defects and finished with multiple coats of Amber shellac and paste wax. Really no flaws/defects I can see.

• Configuration is: 12° of rake, 25° of fleam, and 15 ° sloped gullets with breasted tooth line. Set for kiln dried hardwoods and soft woods. 7-8 PPI crosscut saw is the literal foundation of the preindustrial woodworkers saw nest – ideal for breaking down rough lumber.

First person to PM me with “I’ll take it” and your shipping address gets the saw. I can’t see my PMs in real time but will respond within 24 hours. Buyer pays shipping which is usually 10 – $13 in CONUS.

When I get your PM, I’ll ship saws and send PM with tracking number, ETA and final cost including actual shipping. You pay me once the saw has been received and you’re happy with it. PayPal is best but happy to take checks etc., whatever’s most convenient for you. If you’re not absolutely, 100% thrilled with your saw I will gladly refund your money and pay return shipping.

Saw #1:
    Disston D – 7 circa 1896-1917, 7 PPI, 26” length, full factory width plate. Etch is not visible. Perfect tote – no defects. $110 plus shipping.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Saw #1D-7, 7 PPI (4).jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	63.9 KB 
ID:	398067Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Saw #1D-7, 7 PPI (5).jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	175.4 KB 
ID:	398068Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Saw #1D-7, 7 PPI (3).jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	191.9 KB 
ID:	398066

Saw #2:
    Disston, D-8, 8 PPI crosscut, 26 inch. Circa 1940 – 1947. 50% visible etch. Perfect tote-no defects. Cost $105 plus shipping.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Saw#2 D-8, 8 PPI (3).JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	69.9 KB 
ID:	398065Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Saw#2 D-8, 8 PPI (1).jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	398063Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Saw#2 D-8, 8 PPI (2).jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	102.7 KB 
ID:	398064

Please let me know if you have questions or I can provide any additional information. I’m always happy to talk saws. You can email me at: mdallen1010@gmail.com

Thanks and Happy Holidays to all!
    Mike

They look nice Mike.

For those who have not dealt with Mike before, I bought one of his saws a while ago and was very pleased.

I am also a customer of Mike’s. Indeed, one might even say a frequent flyer. He is a gentleman, a craftsman, and one heck of a good guy too! Very happy with each of the saws I got from him; you will be too.

Thanks Patrick and Nicholas for your comments – you're far too kind. I'm glad you're enjoying your saws.

Saw #1 is sold. Saw# 2: D – 8, 8 PPI crosscut still available.

Cheers, Mike

Price reduction : Saw #2: Disston, D-8, 8 PPI crosscut, 26" with 50% visible etch. Perfect tote-no defects. Cost now $90 + plus shipping.

Buy yourself a Christmas present (goodness knows you deserve it!), with added bonus of helping those in need. 100% of proceeds go directly to Angel Tree charity benefiting kids with incarcerated parents. Christmas party for kids/families is tomorrow – thanks for contributing!

Happy holidays, Mike

I already have plenty of saws from Mike, but I sent a donation instead.

And you, sir, are a class act. I know that Sherrie and Mike appreciate the support for her project. Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kreinhop View Post
    I already have plenty of saws from Mike, but I sent a donation instead.

Mike, thank you so much for your generous donation! I know firsthand the great work you've done for years supporting our military, particularly the deployed junior enlisted soldiers who could definitely use a hand. Please know the kids and their families sincerely appreciate your gift!

I'm overwhelmed by the generous spirit of the SMC community! Mike and Patrick are not alone, other Creekers sent unsolicited donations out of the blue. Something I absolutely did not intend and did not expect. I don't have the right words to express my appreciation so a simple "Thank You" is all I can offer!

Angel Tree Christmas party was this past Saturday – happy to report >100 families of kids and their incarcerated parents enjoyed a festive occasion with lots of treats, games, music, fun and kids went home with Christmas gifts from their incarcerated parent. Santa himself couldn't have a more gratifying experience.

Thanks again to everyone and best wishes for a very Happy Holiday Season!

BTW last old saw is sold

All the best, Mike