Thread: Latest guitar and 1911 grips in 3D figured composites

Latest guitar and 1911 grips in 3D figured composites

Interesting projects going through my shop lately. Made a guitar in quilted carbon fiber for NAMM, and generated mild interest - hoping Martin Guitar follows through with their commitment. Knifemakers are digging this stuff, and now I am making 1911 grips. Never thought that would be the big market for my figured CF composites and dichroic panels, but its a good fit, and I get to use my diamond lap quite a bit. Getting to love 3000 grit Trizact - amazing abrasive.

1911-RedBurl-plusQuiltGuitar.jpgBS-Gripon1911.jpgCFQuilt-Medrez-full.jpgCFQuilt-Medrez-Lower-dialsClsp.jpg800352-maverick-pro-lava-flow-1.jpg1911-PurpleCham.jpgCCF-WRF-31Plat-1911grips.jpgwrf-silverboro-fullfacepanel.jpg
    john.blazy_dichrolam_llc
    Delta Unisaw, Rabbit QX-80-1290 80W Laser, 5 x 12 ft laminating ovens, Powermax 22/44, Accuspray guns, Covington diamond lap and the usual assortment of cool toys / tools.

Love to see that stuff. And I predict that when it really catches on ,tourists to Liberace's place will find it depressingly drab!

Wow ! Those are great looking guitars.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Fulks View Post
    Love to see that stuff. And I predict that when it really catches on ,tourists to Liberace's place will find it depressingly drab!
    Totally! Aston Martin found me after seeing the high end knives guys are making with it, and I am under NDA agreements with them, so can't mention any more.
    Would like to see this in private jet interiors, but I'm happy making grips and occasional guitar faces for now. Panels can be cut and epoxied into inlays quite easily. The neck of the guitar is my Chatoyant Carbon Fiber inlayed with Dichrolam.

Quote Originally Posted by Yonak Hawkins View Post
    Wow ! Those are great looking guitars.
    Thank Man! My first guitar is almost my favorite below: It was the pre-cursor to the quilted carbon fiber. I molded the quilt pattern into cast acrylic and back sprayed the silver and gold metallic to trace the 3D quilt, then realized the carbon fiber would be more accurate to mimic wood figure, hence the development of the CCF.

BlazyGuitar-features-MedRez.JPG.42b281d0512aa78e6f4f52f3caaff993.JPGQuiltSilver-Boro-Burl-Clsp-right.jpgCF-BCRB-neckClsp-Sprayshot-fulloutside.jpg
    john.blazy_dichrolam_llc
    Delta Unisaw, Rabbit QX-80-1290 80W Laser, 5 x 12 ft laminating ovens, Powermax 22/44, Accuspray guns, Covington diamond lap and the usual assortment of cool toys / tools.

Just got this pic today from the collector that bought it from John Gray Knives. Amazing photography. John bought a couple scale sets of CCF in Wild Ribbon Flame with purple chameleon metallic interleaf, made his signature folding knife, then sold to the collector that sent me the pics.

image1.jpgimage3.jpg
    john.blazy_dichrolam_llc

Got this Jackson guitar refaced for NYE in my latest 6A Quilted Carbon Fiber with megashift chameleon pigment cast within it. The new owner played it for the concert that evening (lead guitar for a Journey tribute band - Escape).
    jackson-clsp-face.jpgjackson-full-face.jpgjackson-full-headstock.jpgjackson-clsp-lower.jpg
    john.blazy_dichrolam_llc