Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Corner Bridle Joint Cutting Issue

Quote Originally Posted by David Prochniak View Post
    It is a thin kerf .091? Freud blade. I was thinking that if it was deflecting that feeding the wood at a slower rate would fix that issue, but like everyone else said, maybe the alignment is not quite right.
    A thin kerf blade very much can deflect more on cuts like these...there's less metal than the ~.125" that a regular kerf blade has. But as you note, alignment remains my first suspicion, particularly due to the nature and repeatability of the issue.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Christensen View Post
    Four to six pounds.
    Excellent Peter you got the joke.
    Aj

Perhaps try making two cuts to sneak up on your final dimension. First cut will remove most of the material, perhaps 1/16" short of final dimension. Second cut will just shave off enough to bring the tenon cheek to final size and clean up the distortion left from the first cut.
    Since your jig apparently operates in the miter slot, you can use a spacer/shim to help with the two setups, which would be more consistent than adjusting it back and forth.

If you are still getting the distorted cut even when shaving off only a small amount of material, then I think you can at least rule out blade flex as the root cause.

If you have a bandsaw, you could do the first cut(s) there and use your tenon jig and table saw for the second clean-up cut.
    Last edited by Edwin Santos; 12-06-2018 at 7:10 PM.