Thread: Unifence and Biesemeyer compatibility

Red face Unifence and Biesemeyer compatibility

Greetings Folks ... I'd love to hear from anyone who can answer this question.

I have a Delta Unifence with a 52" rail on my Unisaw. I would like to change to a 30" rail as I don't need the bigger capacity and it takes up a lot of room in my small shop. It seems the 30" rail is very hard to come by, so I asked Delta Customer Service.
    They referred me to T2 BIESEMEYER Commercial Systems MODEL NUMBER: 78-130 which are 30" rails.

So my question: Is the Unifence compatible with the Biesemeyer rail? That is, can I simply install the 30" Biesey rail and continue using the Unifence?

Thanks in advance ...

No you can not. The Biesemeyer fence is a 2x3" steel rectangular tube. The Unifence which is no longer made is a funky shaped aluminum extrusion

Why don't you just cut it down to 30"?

Thanks Cary. That's pretty much what I thought.

Right. Cutting it was my last option but is quickly becoming my only option. Thanks for the help ...

The customer service response is "priceless" considering these two rails don't even look anything like each other outside of they are long, metalic thingies. (technical term).

So yea, cut it down. UniFence rocks!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

And then you can mount the offcut from the Unifence rail on your bandsaw and have all kinds of other possibilities. I put an old Unifence on a Delta 20" BS and it worked great.

John I have to confess that I have cut a Unifence. It is easily accomplished with a miter saw and carbide blade.I also like Dave highly recommend a unifence for a bandsaw,mine is on a Steel city 18''.