Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can a tool get dull just sitting there?

I was going to reply but thought better. See, I'm learning.
    Dojo Kun, 1: Be humble and polite.

Not a jab.

But I would not let anyone or any past exchange keep me from expressing my thoughts on a subject matter that I am capable of taking part in, if I want to. This is a free forum, and as long as the forum rules are not violated, everyone may benefit from your input, even if it is not in line with what everybody else is saying. Group think is bad, in my book.

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by Simon MacGowen View Post
    Not a jab.

But I would not let anyone or any past exchange keep me from expressing my thoughts on a subject matter that I am capable of taking part in, if I want to. This is a free forum, and as long as the forum rules are not violated, everyone may benefit from your input, even if it is not in line with what everybody else is saying. Group think is bad, in my book.

Simon
    I'm pretty sure the forum could survive without the benefit of my great store of wisdom on all things metal. LOL. Thanks Simon I really just had nothing to add this time, just a joke.
    Dojo Kun, 1: Be humble and polite.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Houghton View Post
    In the night, woodworker's elves steal into your shop and make things. Unlike cobbler's elves, who are devoted to the cobblers in whose shops they live, woodworker's elves sell their stuff on the elf market, so they clean up after themselves, and you never realize they were there, until you try to find that really sweet piece of figured maple you remember getting, only to discover it gone.
    That must be it! Sure explains why I can't find the parts I laid out the night before...............

I keep my bench planes in a vertical till. Block planes on a shelf with a cushioned liner.

Can't get humidity below 60% in summer.

I'm pretty convinced its real. Just wanted to see what you guys think.

I'll check that blog post.

Very humble Kory, very polite.

The greatest tool in the shop is your brain, yes, it does get dull ‘just sitting there’. This forum does help to sharpen it!
    ​You can do a lot with very little! You can do a little more with a lot!