Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Looking for recommendations for, joiner,planer, bandsaw

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Ramey View Post
    Good point regarding supply chain issues. I have finally placed orders for the following items and the bandsaw and planer have a 4 month wait which actually works out since we won’t have new electrical until may. The Grizzly items have 7-10 day waits.

Here’s what I have ordered so far, I had to compromise a bit to get what I wanted but I think it will be a nice setup when finished.

SCM Nova 20” s520 planer with Tersa head
    SCM s500p bandsaw
    Grizzly 3hp oscillating sander G0564
    Grizzly G0609x planer with helical head ( ordering next week)
    Nova voyager drill press ( has already arrived and I love it so far
    Powermatic 3520c lathe with many accessories and mobile lift,rock,and roll base

Still need to decide on Miter Saw, currently have 12 inch Dewalt
    Looking at the Festool Kapex (top of budget) or the Bosch 12” slider and use extra money for a dedicated dust collector / Fein vacuum

Still need to decide on Router Table, $2000 budget for that but not sure where to start....
    Also ordering a few Festool dust collectors, and track saw, another domino, a few sanders, and 8-10 workbenches ( have been looking at the Rockler benches for around 600 each
    Just saw that I said planer instead of jointer for the Grizzly G0609x

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Kang View Post
    Are you sure you want a combo j/p machine? I'd go with separates if you're putting together a student workshop. If someone's using the machine for planing, then they're also tying up the jointer... you'll have a lot of people waiting around for their turn. I've spent time in shared workshops and when shop time is limited you want to be as efficient as possible.
    That was my thought as well. Combos and separates fit best in different scenarios.