Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Centauro CO 600 questions

I doubt you have to worry about the motor. We pushed mine hard for four hours at the time, making Cypress shingles, on several days, and it never even got warm. It was old when I bought it.

Just to put the cherry on top Dave is 100% correct that the weakest point of the older Italian saws and saws from the former Soviet Bloc countries are indeed to motors and electrical. The motors tended to be underpowered compared to what we are used to and the small frame motors wound for 50hz naturally run hotter on 60hz so that is harder on winding insulation and motor bearings that also see higher rpm. So it stands to reason that they would see a higher failure rate than bearings on larger framed 60hz motors. There are also some known issues with switchgear for example some early MM16s.

Centauro (as with others) often has a different spec for export saws. Those saws destined for NA usually had higher HP motors and were wound for 60hz and other things like the table will tilt to a full 45 degrees which is not allowed in most of Europe. I think the OP's saw avoids any of these issues but I can't be sure without seeing it but it is always a valid issue to raise with older European bandsaws.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Trust but verify. Bearings are an easy swap. Dave