Thread: Ridgid TP1300LS Planer problem

Ridgid TP1300LS Planer problem

I have an older Ridgid TP1300LS planer model with 2 blades, newer model has 3 blades, not sure what other differences there are. I bought used but was new in 2003.

The problem is while running a board thru it, even though I put the lock on, the cutter head starts to move up and the handle turns accordingly. If I run multiple pieces thru it it takes lighter cuts thru each progressive piece. I can stop it by holding on to the handle but obviously something is wrong with the locking mechanism. While it is a Ridgid planer I think it was sold under several brands that look identical except for the colour so has anyone with a lunchbox planer had this issue or can suggest what's going on?

https://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=...act=mrc&uact=8

Your locking mechanism is probably worn or just loose. I bought a TP1300 used and refurbed it. Cleaned, new bearings etc. If you find a parts breakdown, ereplacementparts, you should be able to figure out how to tighten the locking mechanism. Cutech sells this unit and had good pictures on their website.

IIRC it wasn't hard to adjust and while you have it open give it a good cleaning. Good Luck.
    Confidence: The feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation

Thanks Jerry, based on help from another forum I belong to I found an owner's manual that explains how to adjust the locking mechanism. Looks pretty straightforward, just need to get back out in the shop to do it. Christmas decorating got in the way as we had a break from the rainy weather. You are the second to mention Cultech so I will (hopefully) remember that name if I ever need parts. I'll report back if the adjustment is successful.