Thread: It’s a small world

Blog Entries

It’s a small world

I posted a request for help here a month or two ago about how to clean up the edges of a an old redwood burl live edge table I bought as a restoration project (the help I got here was very useful). I recently finished the project, and after a lot of thought and talk with the other half decided to get rid of it instead.

I posted it on craigslist without much luck, until today. I got a text from a guy that wants to buy it. After negotiations he revealed that he believes it is his parents from when he was a child. He said they brought it to Hawaii from California in 1972. There are other details that lead me to believe it is true. He doesn’t know when they got rid of it, as they have passed away. He is 60 now. He said they got it when they bought a new home in San Pedro when he was five years old and brought it when they moved here. . The guy I bought it from only told me it came from California and he acquired it as a project that he never got around to working on.

I realize i am In Hawaii, things like this are more likely to happen, but, still amazing. I regretted taking on this project until now.

Photo’s below, including my six year old with it for scale and, you know, because people here seem to like that. And a before photo.

6434B7B0-256C-47E4-ACA0-EBB808BC5749.jpgAD2AD131-6D1F-4697-B278-118801BD19DA.jpg067C9553-A066-4D14-B033-32FEC2808808.jpg

Wow... Good story...