Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Downgrade a bandsaw?

and another set
    Attached Images Attached Images

Video comparing 306 to 305

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueB4zSCr6V4

Just rewatched the beginning of this video and I was definitely too timid on the fence lock, and was not getting it all the way down.
    Last edited by Carl Beckett; 01-07-2019 at 8:20 PM.

Carl, were did you buy the saw from and did it come with the fence and miter gauge? As I see some dealers are selling the fence as an option...

Thanks Richard
    Richard Poitras
    Central, Michigan....
    01-02-2006

I purchased from ToolCenter.com It came in a few days and was well packaged, no damage. Would have purchased at my local Woodcrafter but they did not have it in stock.

I am not sure the fence can be sold separately, because it is packaged inside the OEM box.

There is no miter gauge with the tool (I have a different one I will use for it).

I sold the fence and mounting bar off my 305 here on the Sawmill Creek classifieds right after I got the saw. I don't know if anyone else would be likely to want to sell their fence but it seems possible. The 305 fence seemed pretty sloppy to me, it would have to be manually set parallel each time it was moved and I didn't intend to use my saw for straight cuts. The fence on my 18" saw is fairly self-aligning and works quite well, and that's the one I use for resawing, cutting blocks, etc.
    Zach

Carl, thanks for the overview. Update us when you have more time with the saw if you have a chance.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Quote Originally Posted by Van Huskey View Post
    Carl, thanks for the overview. Update us when you have more time with the saw if you have a chance.
    Be glad to.

Please let me know any specific details that anyone would like checked. As noted, the first impressions are very positive and I am optimistic this will serve my needs well.

The update is.... finally got a couple extra blades. And the one I wanted to use was defective. A good foot or more has the teeth completely rolled out on one side.

Have written for a replacement and assume another will be sent, but it took a while and now have to wait again...

Will do some work with what I have this weekend, stay tuned on that.
    Attached Images Attached Images