Thread: Help to identify a plane cutter

Help to identify a plane cutter

Hi, recently joined and I am enjoying this forum. Thanks to all for your contributions.
    I need some help to identify a cutter:
    https://share.icloud.com/photos/0Frv...te_gk5C7PMMhlw
    I recently purchased a Stanley 45 plane on eBay and along with the plane and its cutters came the note: “This cutter does not go with this plane but I have no use for it so maybe you can use it, Aloha from Hawaii”.
    It looks like a tongue and groove cutter but I am really lost about what plane it belongs to. Not a Stanley 46 either (it should be skewed). I have included all the dimensions. Seems to be a high quality iron in good shape and I would like to find the best possible use for it.
    Regards
    Roberto
    IMG_5452-1.jpg
    Last edited by Roberto Pascual; 11-28-2018 at 7:30 PM. Reason: Improve comprehension

I tried to open the image but it seemed a little sketchy when a prompt popped up.

I suggest you upload the attachment to the site.

Sorry about that, I am new to this forum as a writer. The link was of the iCloud of Apple. I tried to attach the pic and to copy it but I do not see how to do it. I am trying to upload the phito to other webs and upload a new link.

Here goes another link, this time in google's cloud.

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1Q...oeXr_55NzbhK-T

Blog Entries
    It looks like a match blade (T&G) from a type 4 or earlier #45 missing the depth stop.

Not sure, but it may have the inside cut a little wider by a previous owner. It should cut a 1/4" tongue.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Makes sense, thanks a lot.