Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lathes?

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Stryker View Post
    Don't know what part of eastern Ks. you are from but also a club in Manhattan. web site doesn't look very active but who knows? [flinthillswoodturners.org] if I knew how to post a link I would:] sorry. also I own a Go766 and live a few miles north of there. if interested post a note I'll watch this site. Rusty
    Hey Howard thanks for the comments. I live just south of manhattan. I know the manhattan club is active and I am planning on going to visit them as soon as I can. There are so many choices in lathes it is difficult to decide on all the different options.

Consider adding the Laguna 1216 to your list. All the features of their 2436 model, in a smaller package, for $6XX. I have a 2436 and a 1016. They’re both great from my perspective and a good value especially if you catch a sale!

My first recommendation would be Laguna's new Revo 1216. It has a 12" swing, will do 16" outboard, 1hp, variable speed, bolt on accessories available and very well built for a great price.

The colt SMC 350 is a good German manufactured lathe. I like it. Not well known is the USA. 14” swing, electronic variable speed, 3/4 hp motor. Both Arizona Silouette and Bradly Mcalister are selling them for $749.
    Robust American Beauty lathe, 25” swing, electronic variable speed 80-3000 RPM
    Colt SML-350 14” midi-lathe, electronic variable speed 80-3700 RPM

'73 52" Rockwell-Delta Unisaw, 14" Variable speed Jet bandsaw, 6" Jet Jointer, 20" Dewalt scrollsaw, 15" Craftsman drill press

Tinkerer and woodturner
    1,475 mi SSW of Steve Schlumpf