Thread: Quadracut Freud raised panel bit

Quadracut Freud raised panel bit

I just bought the 3 1/2" Shake style Freud raised panel router bit and made two raised panels today out of walnut. I was really impressed with the smooth finish cut and how easily it was to feed the stock. Well worth the investment IMHO. Thought I would share info for those considering getting one.

Ron

The only time I don't buy Whiteside bits is if Freud makes a Quadracut in the same profile.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Quote Originally Posted by Van Huskey View Post
    The only time I don't buy Whiteside bits is if Freud makes a Quadracut in the same profile.
    I have just started buying Whiteside and considered it this time, but the reviews for the Quadracut were so good I decided to try one. Very glad I did.

The quadracut bits are hard to beat...

Ed

5. have the same set up I'm a big fan

I bought several quadracut bits when Home Depot was clearing them out a couple of years ago. They are my favorite bits

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Labadie View Post
    The quadracut bits are hard to beat...

Ed
    They sure are!!!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”