Thread: looking for plans to build child's booster seat

Red face looking for plans to build child's booster seat

Howdy,

I am on the hunt for some plans for a sturdy child's booster chair. I need to build two of them. My great grand- kids have recently moved into our home. One is three, and one is four.

I have googled the thought, but so far all I have come up with is booster chairs that are new and are for sale from every company under the sun. So, I decided I would just build the chairs for the kids myself. I realize this ain't a difficult project, but there are several sizes and styles out there to build.

If anyone has an idea, or can give me a suggestion, Ii would greatly appreciate your help.

Thank you for your time.

Brad.
    Sawdust703

I couldn't come up with much either, but here's a possibility:

https://www.meiselwoodhobby.com/Prod...&Path=2984

Looks pretty basic, but it would at least give you some dimensions to start with, and you can modify from there.

One modification I'd strongly suggest is some slots in the base that you can run a strap through to secure the booster seat to the chair (one of my grandkids took a tumble when we didn't secure the straps on his plastic booster chair).

Straps

Howdy Straps,

Thank you Sir. I appreciate the help. I'll take a look see at the plans, give your advice some thought.
    Sawdust703

That "Straps" isn't a signature - it's a link to the kind of straps I thought you might use for the seat (The color didn't show up quite as bright as I thought it would.)