Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Redesigned Trotec Speedy 400 (and Speedy Series)

Of course it's a joke Kev but you do overlook the issues with them because you have a great rep. In the last month, 2 people came on and said they had bought used Gravographs and they had contacted Gravograph support and waited a week and Gravograph never got back to them. That's the service Mike and the rest of us experience with Gravograph.

Trotec does well on this forum because they are rock solid, well built machines. Epilog even created an entire new line to try and mimic the Trotec (The Fusion line). Gravograph has the same opportunity to advertise on this forum as Trotec does, yet they haven't done it. This forum is the largest laser forum on the internet, yet not one dime or minute spent on trying to reach all these potential customers. Epilog had a heavy presence here for many years with many of their people on here. Gravograph? Nope. Why is that? If they are truly the best, well built, fastest machines on the market, then why WOULDN'T they try to tell people on the largest laser forum on the internet?

They were a MUCH better company when they were New Hermes, in my opinion.

You can have the fastest laser on the planet but if the majority of people buying lasers aren't buying your lasers then it doesn't mean much. We've been in business for over 25 years, I've been here for 11 or 12 of those. Know how many times Gravograph has contacted me about their lasers? Zero. I've been to dozens of trade shows, most of the time they aren't even there. Trotec has expanded, has built out regional sales centers and brought on many new products, all while expanding their sales. I don't even know where the Gravograph sales guy is located for my region.

Action speaks louder than words and their actions have been silent on this forum and in my business.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Kev
    Notice I've never knocked the quality of Gravograph equipment. As a matter of fact, I just bought an IS400. But their service sucks and that's well documented. You happen to have the one guy I know of who does a good job.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Actually Kev, if you do a search for Gravograph I've been pretty vocal about my experience with them when I had an IS8000, my local rep sold me a machine with the promise of a free software upgrade and then promptly went out of business, my only way to get any help when bearing went out was through the main channel which was very slow. I never liked the Gravostyle software and always thought it felt like it was poorly translated from French. I think your experience is more based on your great local rep. I kind of agree with Steve, if they were that good everybody would be singing their praises but that just doesn't seem to be the case at least from my experience. Glad you have a good one that works for you though!
    Universal PLS 6.120D 75 watt
    MutiCam Apex CNC 4'x8' w 6 bit TC.
    EnrRoute 6 Pro 3d software.
    Vision 2550 Rotary Engraver.