Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Redesigned Trotec Speedy 400 (and Speedy Series)

Redesigned Trotec Speedy 400 (and Speedy Series)

Just came across this video that was posted 7 days ago. Multiple times "more speedy" and up to 250 watts. I bet 250 watts has a heart-stopping price

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DHfwyqkWSE
    700mm x 500mm Ke Hui KH-7050 Laser
    80W EFR F2
    S&A CW5000 chiller
    Chuck style of rotary attachment

Lots of really nice new features and improvements but the video is only one minute thirteen seconds long, not enough time to provide details of so many cool features.

Trotec, What's the Rush?

It is interesting to see that Trotec no longer displays this video on their video list/summary page and it is now tagged as "unlisted." Maybe someone jumped the gun when they posted this.

One of us needs to find a pricing list for these new models and post it to this thread
    80W EFR F2
    S&A CW5000 chiller

From what I have seen, it's been said that the new version is coming in 2019. Whenever it comes, it looks like a game changer on the larger machines.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    From what I have seen, it's been said that the new version is coming in 2019. Whenever it comes, it looks like a game changer on the larger machines.
    Any specifics? We all know lasers have been generally unchanged for a long time. I see a few interesting features like the status bar on the cover, but nothing earth shattering. Aesthetically, it's a beauty.

Yeah, the speed. You won't find any laser that size running that fast. Not that I'm aware of. The Speedy 400 has always rastered slower than the Speedy 300, which is a rocket. However, it looks like it's faster than the 300 now, which, indeed, is a game changer. If you can buy a larger format laser that rasters 50% raster than the closest competitor, I'd say that's a pretty astounding piece of equipment.
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Yep, speed sound amazing. I am also amazed they will be able to pack 250 watts into that form factor. Think how fast you can cut thicker material with Trotec accuracy. With 250 watts, and maybe some gas assist, you can start thinking about thin sheets of certain metals.
    80W EFR F2
    S&A CW5000 chiller

Just read thru the Trotec op manuals, the 400 states 139" per second, the 300 140" per second, the 300 manual is dated 7-28-15, the 400 manual looks like it's dated 11/2015, this is about all the Trotec info I have--other than you guys

But for reference's sake, and yeah, I'm biased, the Gravograph LS1000XP is a 24" x 48" machine and runs (a stated) 157" per second, has 4-side pass-thru and can be had with a 150w tube. And I can say from recent experience, their customer service isn't so bad either...

If Trotec is running a 250, I'm sure Gravo will be too soon...

Question, how are they cooling a 250w tube?
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

One big difference between Trotec and the rest is acceleration. Sure your machine can max out at 157, but how quickly can it get there? The Trotec can actually hit top speed in a very short distance where most machines need full width engraving to come close to their max. I want to say it has 3.5g acceleration? May be wrong about the exact number, but is lightning fast!

The video for the new 400 claims 165 ips and 5 g acceleration (some people will pass out when experiencing 5 g ;^)

If Gravograph was the market leader in laser technology, then you wouldn't be the only person on the forum using one

And--they earned their reputation for lousy customer service.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

165 ips I believe and led lights too : )
    Yeah, the speed. You won't find any laser that size running that fast. Not that I'm aware of. The Speedy 400 has always rastered slower than the Speedy 300, which is a rocket. However, it looks like it's faster than the 300 now, which, indeed, is a game changer. If you can buy a larger format laser that rasters 50% raster than the closest competitor, I'd say that's a pretty astounding piece of equipment.
    355 - 10400 : )

Well, I agree, a huge increase in speed would be a big deal. Gotta keep justifying that Speedy name.
    Trotec Speedy 300 - 80 watt
    Synrad 30 Watt - CO2 Galvo
    LaserStar 3804 - 50 watt fiber - SPI Source
    Tykma Minilase - 20 watt fiber - SPI Source - (MOPA)
    CorelDraw X7

If Gravograph was the market leader in laser technology, then you wouldn't be the only person on the forum using one
    That's a joke, right? And how many 'regulars' frequent this engraving forum daily, 100, 150? Out of what, 4-something billion people on this planet? Just because me & Ross are the only 'regulars' on this forum known as Gravograph users is statistically insignificant. And you do realize this forum sells a lot of Trotec's, yes? -via people finding this board, and you Trotec owners raving about the things. Nothing wrong with that, they're good machines. This board is how I found out about Triumph- and Trotec for that matter. When I found this forum, some guy had just bought a Triumph, and I liked what I saw- he and this forum saved me from buying a Full Spectrum machine. This forum also taught me the differences between Glass and metal lasers, and I'd been laser engraving for 16 years. I've owned Triumphs now for 5 years, and I pretty much AM the only Triumph owner, even though I'm pretty vocal about my satisfaction about them. Yet, since I'm only one voice, but 3 or 4 others have a Ray Fine, and 3 or 4 others have a Shenhui, and 3 or 4 others have a Rabbit, etc etc etc, THOSE are the brands inquiring people tend to buy, simply because they believe in 'strength in numbers'. Same thing with Gravograph, most people who look for advice on this board hear about 'the big 3', and what they DO learn about Gravograph is usually from me- that Ive owned several, they work, they hardly if ever break down- Then my 5 star is always countered my Mike's 0-star claiming they have the worst customer service in the world. Ok, but how many years ago was that Mike? All I have to say about that is, nobody's perfect, and I've had nothing but good to stellar service from them. But the bad reviews always seem to win out over the good, especially in 2-review setting. But I got a good Gravograph view once- about 2 years ago a guy from Trotec cold-called me from a Las Vegas show which isn't too far from me, and asked about my business, my machines, he could stop by if I wanted...When I told him my main machine was a Gravograph LS900, he says 'well then, I guess there's no point trying to sell you a Trotec!' We chatted for about 10 minutes, real nice guy, and he had nothing but good things to say about Gravograph. FWIW Gravograph's customer focus seems to be geared more toward mass production, Trotec focuses on 'the little guy'. Nothing wrong with either marketing strategy. But to claim Gravograph isn't, or that Trotec is, 'the leader in laser technology' just because Trotec owners outnumber Gravograph owners on this board, that's a bit of a stretch. Who knows for sure which one is playing catch-up?
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle