Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Felder Diamond Universal Saw Blade

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Loza View Post
    I don't know if it could even be re-sharpened. The teeth are tiiiny. That being said, it gives AMAZING finish quality! We have (or had) one laying around the Dallas showroom. Thought it was a tile or cement fiber blade when I first saw it. Does not look like anything you would ever use to cut wood with, let alone crosswise against the grain of a tropical hardwood. The guys up there were like, "Yeah, this thing is awesome". Looking at it, my first though was, "You guys are drinking the koolaid. Wanna' watch me stall out and burn your magic $500 blade?" But sure enough, it cuts beautifully. Quiet but makes a high-pitched sound during the cut. More router than table saw. Tried it out on a bunch of different species, both with and across the grain and gives amazing finish quality and never slowed down. As others have mentioned, this is not an all-purpose blade. It reminds me very much of a Lenox Tri-master in that way: You might clog it up with wet softwoods. I did notice a lot of resin buildup on the blade, probably because the kerf is so thin. So, there is probably a maintenance element to using one I've never used a sawblade that gives such a perfect finish as this thing. Applications I could see would be furniture makers working with hardwoods, especially strips. And for cabinet makers who are doing real wood edgebanding and want to rip strips on the table saw. They could go right to the bander from this blade. Just my experience.

Erik

Thanks, assuming if you hit a nail your screwed but other than that seems if you could eliminate multiple blades and resharpening (i have heard that they stay sharp wicked long) it might be worth it, I only do this on the side now but when I had my shop multiples of the same blade and probobly around 8-10 blades per saw. Now I am looking at maybe 2 -36t to 48t ATB for every day cuts then maybe two other specialty blades, I will probobly only need to send out the 36t or 48t for sharpening 2-3 times a year but I am in VT and it can be a hassle since their is no local sharpening. Now if I could get my sales guy on the phone to finalize my order....

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Mark e Kessler View Post
    Thanks, assuming if you hit a nail your screwed but other than that seems if you could eliminate multiple blades and resharpening (i have heard that they stay sharp wicked long) it might be worth it, I only do this on the side now but when I had my shop multiples of the same blade and probobly around 8-10 blades per saw. Now I am looking at maybe 2 -36t to 48t ATB for every day cuts then maybe two other specialty blades, I will probobly only need to send out the 36t or 48t for sharpening 2-3 times a year but I am in VT and it can be a hassle since their is no local sharpening. Now if I could get my sales guy on the phone to finalize my order....

Mark
    That approach makes sense. Since the teeth are diamond coated, I can't imagine you could even sharpen it. Not that you would need to. But I could see a nail wrecking this blade. As long it's going to be used on properly dried wood that has no chance of screws or nails, I'm sure you'll be fine. One other thought occurred to me: "If" you plan to run it on a saw with a 1" or 5/8" arbor, you will obviously need a reducer bushing. BUT, that blade is so narrow that you might have to have the bushing machined down so as not to interfere with the arbor flange or nut. Someone needs to buy one of these for a regular saw and report back on how it went.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

Thanks for the info, it would be going on a k700s

Mark

Hey Jeremy -

AKE and Felder both work together with the Diamond Saw blades. The blades are made in Germany.
    Had to run out to the showroom to double check because we have one on our showroom K700S - and they're AKE. Great quality and finish of work pieces.

If anyone ever needs the part number for future reference it's 03.11.30043

Dia. = diameter 300 mm
    Z = Number of teeth 43
    ø = Bore diameter 30 mm
    W = Tooth width 2,4/1,8 mm
    SB = Cutting width 2,4 mm
    BQ = Blade quality DP

Tim, make that blade available in 10" diameter with 5/8" arbor, and you won't be able to keep them on the shelf. The reviews/comments are nothing short of amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Derr View Post
    Hey Jeremy -

AKE and Felder both work together with the Diamond Saw blades. The blades are made in Germany.
    Had to run out to the showroom to double check because we have one on our showroom K700S - and they're AKE. Great quality and finish of work pieces.

If anyone ever needs the part number for future reference it's 03.11.30043

Dia. = diameter 300 mm
    Z = Number of teeth 43
    ø = Bore diameter 30 mm
    W = Tooth width 2,4/1,8 mm
    SB = Cutting width 2,4 mm
    BQ = Blade quality DP
    do you have a part number for the riving knife that fits? K700S

thx.

As I understand it this blade will require more maintenance as far as keeping it clean as there is just not a lot of room for the pitch to go or build up and then of course if you hit anything metal you are SOL, more common in residential and farm wood but I have hit metal from commercial bought lumber. Still the benefits seem to outweigh the negatives, I might just have to try it...

Mark

Blog Entries
    Agreed, it could change a lot

Is there a 30mm to 1-inch spacer washer to permit use on a non-30mm saw arbor?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin McConoughey View Post
    Is there a 30mm to 1-inch spacer washer to permit use on a non-30mm saw arbor?
    Pretty sure Freud makes one (so probably Amana, too). Be aware: This blade is very thin-kerf, so you may have to sand the bushing to get it to the correct thickness.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep