Quote Originally Posted by Erik Loza View Post
I don't know if it could even be re-sharpened. The teeth are tiiiny. That being said, it gives AMAZING finish quality! We have (or had) one laying around the Dallas showroom. Thought it was a tile or cement fiber blade when I first saw it. Does not look like anything you would ever use to cut wood with, let alone crosswise against the grain of a tropical hardwood. The guys up there were like, "Yeah, this thing is awesome". Looking at it, my first though was, "You guys are drinking the koolaid. Wanna' watch me stall out and burn your magic $500 blade?" But sure enough, it cuts beautifully. Quiet but makes a high-pitched sound during the cut. More router than table saw. Tried it out on a bunch of different species, both with and across the grain and gives amazing finish quality and never slowed down. As others have mentioned, this is not an all-purpose blade. It reminds me very much of a Lenox Tri-master in that way: You might clog it up with wet softwoods. I did notice a lot of resin buildup on the blade, probably because the kerf is so thin. So, there is probably a maintenance element to using one I've never used a sawblade that gives such a perfect finish as this thing. Applications I could see would be furniture makers working with hardwoods, especially strips. And for cabinet makers who are doing real wood edgebanding and want to rip strips on the table saw. They could go right to the bander from this blade. Just my experience.

Erik

Thanks, assuming if you hit a nail your screwed but other than that seems if you could eliminate multiple blades and resharpening (i have heard that they stay sharp wicked long) it might be worth it, I only do this on the side now but when I had my shop multiples of the same blade and probobly around 8-10 blades per saw. Now I am looking at maybe 2 -36t to 48t ATB for every day cuts then maybe two other specialty blades, I will probobly only need to send out the 36t or 48t for sharpening 2-3 times a year but I am in VT and it can be a hassle since their is no local sharpening. Now if I could get my sales guy on the phone to finalize my order....

Mark