Thread: Makita Power Tools

Makita Power Tools

I love them and have many of them. Maybe it's just me, but, I have noticed the retailers don't advertise them as much recently. Seems like all the recent push is for Milwaukee. Anyone else notice this?

Maybe. Milwaukee is pushing they're product hard and they have a good lineup. But at HD at least Makita is still on an end cap of the tool area.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/tec...tools-graphic/

Techtronic Industries owns Milwaukee (and Ryobi and other brands), and is a bigger company than Makita.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Goetzke View Post
    I love them and have many of them. Maybe it's just me, but, I have noticed the retailers don't advertise them as much recently. Seems like all the recent push is for Milwaukee. Anyone else notice this?
    It could be that Milwaukee offers a higher margin, or they may offer a better deal for co-advertising. Ever notice all those local jeweler billboards with watches prominently displayed, often Rolex? Rolex covers a big chunk of the ads. I have seen a bigger ad push for Dewalt and Milwaukee over Makita and Bosch for years. Ryobi also has a lot of ads but are on a different tier as far as quality etc.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Friedrichs View Post
    https://www.popularmechanics.com/tec...tools-graphic/

Techtronic Industries owns Milwaukee (and Ryobi and other brands), and is a bigger company than Makita.
    This quite interesting info. I knew B&D owned DeWalt, Porter Cable and that Metabo and Hitachi were connected.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.