Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lee Valley's Cyber Monday sale - what did you get?

Just called LV Customer Service and sure enough they took off the shipping fee on my second order without any hassle even though the first order already printed out and they couldn't combine both into a single box. Seriously--What a great company, worthy of taking thousands of my money

Just got a Rip Tenon Saw and a gift certificate to spend when free shipping returns, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Nguyen View Post
    Just called LV Customer Service and sure enough they took off the shipping fee on my second order without any hassle even though the first order already printed out and they couldn't combine both into a single box. Seriously--What a great company, worthy of taking thousands of my money
    So two separate deliveries with just one shipping charge! Your money well spent, I say.

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Schweizer View Post
    So you’re the culprit. How stinking fast did you check out? It was gone in 60 seconds! (Movie pun intended). Also the mini rabbet planes went rather quick. Missed them as well. I did get the butane burner for warming hide glue and accidentally burning down my shop, and some other nick nack items.

If I lived in Canada, I would probably have sprung for the $1000 gift card. Great way to lower the price on a bandsaw or other large item.
    I was checked out by 12:01. I knew what I was looking for!

Quote Originally Posted by Devon Curtis View Post
    I was checked out by 12:01. I knew what I was looking for!
    My past experiences told me this (time to complete your check out):

12:05 -- very good chance of getting anything you want
    12:10 -- below average chance
    12:15 -- game over

Simon

Got a Veritas dovetail saw (missed the carcass saw ) and a $1000 gift card

I was dickering too long, so missed out on the 1/4" detail rabbet plane.

The other stuff I got: scraper plane/holder (Stanley 80 version), 2 small toolmaker's vise (will be useful for nut slotting and polishing dental work). the socket convertor (3), pipe clamps (for dust collection), locking pliers (I don't have any), p95 masks (we just had a nasty fire this year...anticipating for next year), some caribeners, and a power brick.....i might have bought too much, but can justify all of it.

Some of the others are nice to have, but I can't justify it: shooting plane, DX block plane, size 4 BD smoother.

This year I got a mortar and pestle, adjustable pliers and magnetic straight edge. It says something about how long I've been a LV customer and how much money I've spent there that I could get through this cyber monday sale and not purchase anything made by Veritas...

I too went the gift card route.

Quote Originally Posted by Hasin Haroon View Post
    It says something about how long I've been a LV customer and how much money I've spent there that I could get through this cyber monday sale and not purchase anything made by Veritas...
    +1. Me too Hasin.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    My big get was an early bedtime and a good night's sleep.

jtk
    Some day I'll have all the tools I could ever need too

FYI, it looks like the gift cards are still active, with about an little more than an hour left in the day.

13. I picked up a RH shooting plane and a 5 1/4 jack plane, plus a few other little items. I wanted the RH shooting plane the most, so I put that in my cart right away and bought it by itself and just had it shipped to my local store so I didn't have to pay any shipping.

I keep hoping for a plow plane or combo. And a set of PMV11 bench chisels. Been waiting a couple years. Hoping that soon the seconds inventory of each are built up. Maybe next year.

They don't sell bandsaw's and there are exclusions for use on sawstops and festool.