Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Front Door

New Front Door

58B89F4D-ED2C-45BE-A529-88949DC5FF22.jpg82FA2814-D8E5-42D4-AB78-86385B1E4D42.jpg

New front door and sidelite - Quarter Sawn White Oak - with the same for threshold - wife would not let me put up the old security door. Door hardware is Hoppe, and the jambs were made from the same material to match the door

Very nice design and excellent craftsmanship.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

That looks really nice, John!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Beautiful work John!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I agree, that is very nice. And if it gets any direct sun exposure you should go thank your wife that she didn't let you put the storm door back on, especially if you used TB III to glue it or the panels up.

John

Beautiful! Very nicely done Sir!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Fantastic door! What glass is that you used?

Good job. Your visitors and family can see the craftsmanship and style. I good way to display your work.
    Charlie Jones

I will have to get back to you on that - my wife ordered it and she is currently in the hospital

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hendershott View Post
    Joe, i think it is commonly called “reeded” glass, or at least Marvin did when we ordered it for our bathroom windows.

John, hope your wife has a speedy recovery. Patrick

Really nice, John. Great choice on the hardware. Looks like it really complements your home well.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hendershott View Post
    Oh no. Hope all is well soon.

That's a beautiful door John. I've been thinking of doing the same thing with my entrance door. I think I'll make mine vertical though, that must be a pain to go through being horizontal. Sorry, couldn't resist. I have a bunch of QSWO and the Colorado sun has not been friendly to my door. How did you remove and replace quickly enough to keep the elements out? Very Nice!!

Marty

Marty - build the entire door set - removed the door starting at 10:00 am and had the new one in by 1:00 pm - the only trouble was I used a pemko automatic door sweep and forgot it was adjustable - took a minute to figure out why the door did not close. I used the automatic door sweep because one of my doors likes to attack the bottom of the door and kept ripping off the weather stripping. Having a coupe of friends come help also made sure I could get it done quickly. I used a hoppe three point lock and I am really glad I did - love how it locks

We found out in October that she has cancer - had a major operation last week to remove the tumor and some lymph nodes - should get to go home today and still has radiation and chemo to look forward to. - thank you for asking