Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cyber Monday

Cyber Monday

What is your next tools on the list? I have none. Bought a Veritas Scraper Plane this year...

I have my fingers crossed for a jointer plane seconds via Lee Valley!

Thank you for the reminder!
    Lat year i got a blemished shooting plane... still haven't found the blemish
    The significant problems we encounter cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them.

The penalty for inaccuracy is more work

I have a shopping list .......
    I know EXACTLY what time to fire up the computer.
    Young enough to remember doing it;
    Old enough to wish I could do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Rosenthal View Post
    I have a shopping list .......
    I know EXACTLY what time to fire up the computer.
    in my wishlist the jack rabbet plane and the combination plane...... blown my budget this year

Hope to get a nice block plane.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Lastvyear bought the LV miter shooting plane. Was supposed to be blemished, but where, I don't know!

I like this plane better than any others I have, for shooting, and this includes mt LN#9 and LN bevel up jack.
    If the thunder don't get you, the lightning will.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Zaffuto View Post
    Last year bought the LV miter shooting plane. Was supposed to be blemished, but where, I don't know!
    Know just what you mean Tony. I've bought 3 LV handplanes on Cyber Mondays. Two times out of three, I could not find any mark or blemish. I did find a small, minor mark on last year's purchase. For me, that mark was a "So what?" thing.
    Last edited by Frederick Skelly; 11-25-2018 at 7:49 AM.

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

I find it ironic that those shopping for hand woodworking tools are able to find deals on a marketing day originally designed *only* for technology products.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Petersen View Post
    I find it ironic that those shopping for hand woodworking tools are able to find deals on a marketing day originally designed *only* for technology products.
    That IS ironic, isnt it? I only started paying attention to Cyber Monday when I wanted to buy a new hand plane. So I wasnt aware of that history - thanks Roy!

Hey, hand tools are part of technology. How did the people who make electronically-based objects manage to highjack the word? After all, this is technology, too:
    41606d1324346272-looking-treadle-lathe-100_2785x22-2.jpg

And this:
    Broad_axe.png

And so on and on...

What time does this sale go live?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Houghton View Post
    Hey, hand tools are part of technology. How did the people who make electronically-based objects manage to highjack the word? After all, this is technology, too
    Valuable, yes. "Cyber"? Not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Shea View Post
    What time does this sale go live?
    Midnight east coast time tonight. All the good tools will sell out within 30 min or an hour. And be prepared for the site to crash for the first 10-15min.

Valuable, yes. "Cyber"? Not so much.
    Cuz it's online sales only maybe?