Thread: Viewing unread posts

Viewing unread posts

When I click the little blue to view unread posts I go to the first unread post great, but if I want to read the posts above to remind myself of something it won't let me it treats the first unread as a first post and numbers it #1. Is this something I can change in settings or is it like this for everyone?

I haven’t seen that problem. Go to the Display dropdown (grey bar above) and select Linear Mode and see if that fixes the problem.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome Sidley View Post
    When I click the little blue to view unread posts I go to the first unread post great, but if I want to read the posts above to remind myself of something it won't let me it treats the first unread as a first post and numbers it #1. Is this something I can change in settings or is it like this for everyone?
    I like to use the hybrid mode and that's the way it has always worked for me. My way to work is to open that message, then scroll through the thread list above that message (the one displayed will be in bold text) and decide if I need to click on an earlier message in the thread to read the context from that point on in the tree. I got used to this method and while a bit klutzy it's very fast. There is a "Previous" and "Next" post button which seems like it might back up one but it doesn't do anything, at least in the hybrid mode.

I haven't tried linear mode for a long time but seems like there was something about the way it worked I didn't like.

JKJ
    Last edited by John K Jordan; 11-22-2018 at 3:38 PM.

Thanks, Bruce that's seems to have helped.