Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Just curious . . . .

Blog Entries

Another Just curious . . . .

I see that Lowe's is selling Craftsman brand tools and such. Is that the same as the line Sears used to sell?

Yep. With the same lifetime warranty

Blog Entries
    That's good news.

From what I understand, some of the tool boxes?, are made just south of St. Louis. Just looked at some at Lowes tonight, myself. Says "Made in the USA" on them.

Blog Entries
    I already like Lowes. Tomorrow I will look at them.

Blog Entries
    The Craftsman name is now owned by Stanley Black & Decker.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Speaking of Lowes, if you are a veteran of our military services, take you DD214 paperwork to the service desk and ask them to register you for their Veteran's discount program. It is basically a ten percent discount on anything in the store on all future purchases.
    Life's too short to use old sandpaper.

Blog Entries
    I was discharged a loooong time ago. I couldn't possibly find the papers.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lowell holmes View Post
    I was discharged a loooong time ago. I couldn't possibly find the papers.
    It would not surprise me to find that Lowes has had the same situation with many a veteran. They may be able to verify you without the paperwork.

With all the "thanks for your service" programs available to veterans it would probably be a good idea to see if replacement paperwork is available.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    With all the "thanks for your service" programs available to veterans it would probably be a good idea to see if replacement paperwork is available.

jtk
    It’s not that hard to get replacement a DD214 from the VA. Here is how: https://iris.custhelp.va.gov/app/ans...copy-of-dd-214

With all that has transpired with Sears and the Craftsman brand in recent years, the label and paint job means nothing to me. They could be good tools but I remember back in the late 1960's when both Stanley and Black and Decker were premium quality brands. Neither of those brands even comes close to high quality today. I will treat the current Craftsman offerings as if they were a new brand with no history when I buy. They might be excellent but the brand name doesn't prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Mann View Post
    With all that has transpired with Sears and the Craftsman brand in recent years, the label and paint job means nothing to me. They could be good tools but I remember back in the late 1960's when both Stanley and Black and Decker were premium quality brands. Neither of those brands even comes close to high quality today. I will treat the current Craftsman offerings as if they were a new brand with no history when I buy. They might be excellent but the brand name doesn't prove it.
    The last few craftsman tools I got were made in China and were dreadful.

Lowell,

If you are in the VA system for medical care and have an ID or have a VA benefits card that is proof enough for Lowes. When I registered with them I used my VA medical ID card and I get that nice 10% off of everything.
    Dave Anderson

Chester, NH

My "proper" name has 9 extra letters......SGT. and USA RET

Which means I get a little check each month...and a gray ID card.....Lowes AND Home Depot will give you a 10% discount. You also get a special parking space up near the front doors.

I have been disappointed by the Irwin tool line. Maybe this will be better.