Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Felder Group USA Support

Quote Originally Posted by Girard Ibanez View Post
    Tim, I recently put a down on a A3-31.

Question:

1) DRO preference imperial or metric, pros and cons. I normally use the Imperial system but conversion from one unit to another is a non issue.

2) What are the mobility kit wheel diameter size? My garage has a wide groove aka expansion joint in the concrete flooring. Will the mobility wheels easily roll over this groove without hassel.

2) Extension tables ... As a hobbyist, what size and where should I add the extension table (infeed / out feed). Not sure what size to purchase.
    Hi, I'm not from Felder USA, I'm from Felder Canada.

As I indicated in your other thread, go metric.

As for table extensions on the A3, I use the part number 500-101 for planer out feed simply to keep short pieces from falling on the floor. This is the 150mm wide X 400mm long extension. You cannot mount a planer in feed extension.

I also have another 500-101 so I can add to the jointer in feed and out feed, and I have a 500-129 which is 800mm long, I mostly use that on the shaper, especially when doing insertion moulding.

Regards, Rod.

Question:

1) DRO preference imperial or metric, pros and cons. I normally use the Imperial system but conversion from one unit to another is a non issue.

2) What are the mobility kit wheel diameter size? My garage has a wide groove aka expansion joint in the concrete flooring. Will the mobility wheels easily roll over this groove without hassel.

2) Extension tables ... As a hobbyist, what size and where should I add the extension table (infeed / out feed). Not sure what size to purchase.
    Good Morning Girard,

When it comes to the imperial vs metric I tell all my clients that it is really what they are more comfortable with. If you're comfortable with metric, I would recommend going with metric.
    As for the mobility kit and the wheels, depending on how big that gap is the wheels could fall down into the gap. If you do not want to go with our mobility kit, I would recommend the portamate3500. The wheels are 80mm in diameter so you're at 3.14 inches.
    When it comes to the extension tables, it depends on what size wood you're working with.
    You will need 2 500-102 mounting brackets and then you can go with 500-101 which is your 16" extension table or the 32" extension table with leg support. There is an infeed table that you can use and that item is 503-156. This is the round bar extension table that works with the steel bar. It is also 32" with leg support.

All the best

Question:

Hey Girard,

Ignore the part of my last message where I said that you can use 503-156. I've been working with the bigger Jointer/planers a lot lately and had the infeed side confused.

All the best
    Feel free to give us a call if you have more questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Derr View Post
    Hey Girard,

Ignore the part of my last message where I said that you can use 503-156. I've been working with the bigger Jointer/planers a lot lately and had the infeed side confused.

All the best
    Feel free to give us a call if you have more questions.
    No problem Tim, I was confused myself after seeing the part. I was able to clarify via phone call.

Thanks again.

Hey Chris,

Just saw this message.
    I apologize for not getting back to you on this.
    I'm glad to see David Brooks was able to help you on this investment.
    Let me know if you need anything else - if you can't reach David you can reach me at t.derr@felder-group.com

Not a problem ... I was able to make a trip to LA and see the machine and accessories first hand.

I thinking of cancelling the wheel attachment and going an alternate route.

Any suggestions on what after market wheels I can use that will move in ALL directions (swivel) and carry the weight of the J/P?

Also, wheels need to roll over concrete expansion joints. I'm not talking about expansion joints that are cut using a diamond cutting wheel after the concrete slab cures.

Expansion joints that are troweled into the cement a couple of hours after the concrete slab is poured. Similar to 2 squares with the edges rounded and both edge are running parallel/side by side forming a large valley in the middle of the joint.

This is the kind of groove I have to roll the J/P over in my garage.

Hi Tim,

I'm looking at an AD941, but the deal breaker for me would be if I can't remove the top to get it into my basement shop. Not sure why it's looked down upon here as compared to an MM which uses four bolts. Can you put me in touch with someone that could help me understand why it's not recommended?

David

Hey David, thanks for reaching out.
    Let me see if I can find an answer for you over on our end and I will send you an email.

Hey Tim,
    Any chance we could get some pictures of the new C3-41 (especially in the 79" model)? I'd be curious especially to see the slider/saw portion as it looks like the saw footprint is a bit different than the existing K3 winner.

Hey Matt,
    First time for me checking the forums since I've been back from my vacation; I have a guy that I can try and get pictures from.

Hey Matt,
    One picture attached for you.
    I have more coming. Feel free to reach out to me at t.derr@felder-group.com~6969766.jpg

Tim, the table saw fence rail arrangement is interesting...
    That fence (with the cam-action lever) - I think I have the same one, and it doesn't "drop" onto the rail (it has to be slid on over the end). So, how'd you get it on there?

Hey Dan, been meaning to get back to you on this. Past couple months have been crazy with AWFS show prep and getting back to the grind here in the office after coming back from Vegas.
    The fence drops onto the rail and tightens into place. I spoke to my client about it and he said it drops right into its place.

Huh. Interesting. The one I have looks identical, but it definitely won't drop onto the rail, which honestly, is a bit of a frustration.

Tim,
    I just took delivery of a Hammer A3-31 and have completed the setup. I have noticed the fence does not run parallel to the jointer bed. I have adjusted the middle and end knobs and I have noticed when I tighten the end knob it pulls the fence out of alignment. Do you have any adjustment advice for me? The fence also marks up the bed top when it is moved across the bed. Is this normal. I am really excited about my A3. Thanks in advance for your help
    Randy