Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Felder Group USA Support

On my A3-31, if I don't tighten the clamping handle on the planer table, while planing, I will get snipe.

Other than that, I make shallow planing passes and use the short extension table on the outfeed side.

My old manual has some basic information about adjusting for snipe -- in the "Faults" chapter under "adjusting the transport rollers"

Adel, you should be able to turn the table clamp to lock the table in place. (when locked, you won't be able to raise/lower the table; it may take several turns of the clamp handle to fully lock)

I usually lock the table clamp, but am not sure of impact if left loose -- whether the table might gradually shift with use or if it is a stability issue that might result in snipe.

Matt

Regarding the "table locking lever", I have always thought of it as just for giving extra security against accidentally changing the thickness setting when planing large/heavy pieces. Italian machines are the same way. It doesn't physically lock the table, just for extra insurance. Like the E-brake in an automobile. You can still drive with it engaged. I agree that the factory documentation could be clearer on this point.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep