Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Felder Group USA Support

Hey Randy,

Believe I found your file. I'm going to send you an email and put in a service ticket for you.

All the best

Hi Tim, Does Felder offer a silent power cutting head that will fit in my AD741? Its a green/gray model with digi drive.
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. My desk is a work station.

Hey Jeff,

As of right now we do not have a retrofit Silent Power Cutterblock.
    Give me a call though if you'd like - I don't know what your thought are on it, but we do have a trade-in program that could lead to a machine with one.
    866-792-5288 ext 225
    Last edited by Tim Derr; 08-02-2019 at 9:30 AM.

Hammer A3 Noise...

I posted this in the main forum as well. I have not yet called support; I was hoping to get an answer from here before going that route.

My Hammer A3 31 just started making this clicking noise when running; see video at link HERE. It happens in both jointer and planer mode, so it's not related to the planer rollers. The belt seems to have the right amount of tension, and if I turn the belt by hand then I can hear some clicking coming from either the motor or the pulley (not sure which). Otherwise the unit seems to work perfectly fine, and I'm still able to joint and plane pieces without problem.

Is my motor going bad? This thing is only about 3 years old, and I'm a hobbyist that doesn't put in all that much time in the shop. One would hope the motor isn't dying already. Any ideas?

Thanks!
    And there was trouble, taking place...

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Monson View Post
    Hi Tim, Does Felder offer a silent power cutting head that will fit in my AD741? Its a green/gray model with digi drive.
    Check Hermance. http://helixhead.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Derr View Post
    Hey Dan, been meaning to get back to you on this. Past couple months have been crazy with AWFS show prep and getting back to the grind here in the office after coming back from Vegas.
    The fence drops onto the rail and tightens into place. I spoke to my client about it and he said it drops right into its place.
    Tim,

This fence issue is really bugging me, and I wonder if you could investigate it a little. I believe I have the same fence as you show in the picture in post #26 (your item #501-135), and the profile of the fence rail looks to match mine, as well. Yet, the rail is slightly too wide for the fence to "drop" onto it, even with the cam in the fully-up position.

To use the fence, I have to slide it on from the end. But the jointer guard is in the way for that, so I have to fold it out of the way, first. Alternatively, I could loosen the fence face and pull it "back", but the cam lever has to be held up with one hand, while the other hand supports the fence, etc - it turns into a stupidly complicated endeavor that could be avoided if the fence just dropped onto the rail (as you say it's supposed to).

Is it possible my cam lever was mis-aligned upon install or something?

20191118_185334.jpg

20191118_185343.jpg

Hey Dan,

Can you send me a photo of the fence like the 2nd photo but shooting upward from the floor?

All the best

Hi Tim,

Emailed you some pics. Let me know if you don't get them.

Thanks

https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread....lectors-just-*

Hi Tim, this person could use some help.............Regards, Rod

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Sheridan View Post
    https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread....lectors-just-*

Hi Tim, this person could use some help.............Regards, Rod
    I was thinking about doing the exact same thing Rod. Well played Sir!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Thanks Rod!

FYI if anyone stumbles on my post #36 above and has the same problem...

I finally spoke to someone in service at Felder who suggested the problem was related to inability of their extrusion vendors to keep the spec'd tolerances of the fence extrusion and the fence rail extrusion. I'm not sure I understand that, as the fence fits over the rail extrusion perfectly. In any case, yes, the fence is supposed to be able to "drop" down onto the rail, and yes the cam is somehow incorrect. It was suggested I fix this by grinding down the cam until it fits.

Hi Tim,

i have had the Hammer A3 31 with helical cutter head for about a decade. Recently, I have noticed some snipe. Is there any advice or video on how this is to be eliminated?

Also, I am curious about the function and use of the single hand clamping lever. For some reason it seems to make no difference to the raising of the planer bed irrespective of the position of the clamp. Please explain its operation and its effect.

regards

Adel Heiba, Orange County

Adel,
    Are you getting snipe when planing or jointing? Is the snipe on the leading edge of the workpiece or on the trailing edge?

jointer snipe is usually caused by the height of the outfeed table relative to the cutting plane.

Planer snipe on the J/P can be caused by rollers. See this previous thread:
    https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread....liminate-snipe

Out of curiosity, do the current owner manuals include instructions for adjusting for snipe?

Matt
    Last edited by Matthew Hills; 03-21-2021 at 11:19 AM.

Hi Matthew,

The snipe is while planing.

I have not seen instructions in the manual — just curious if there are formal instructions online.

The other concern that I have is the operation of the clamping lever. What exactly does it do and how does it effect the lifting and lowering of the plane bed. For years I have gotten by without using it. Just curious.

regards

Adel Heiba