Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Ebay fiber laser, I'll be the guinea pig--

Quote Originally Posted by Chris DeGerolamo View Post
    My transaction was flawless. I bought on a Friday, it shipped Monday and I received that Thursday.
    That sounds great. Thanks!
    30w eBay fiber laser
    Axiom Precision AR4 Pro CNC router
    40W CO2 Laser
    CNC Lathe
    Vinyl Cutter
    Roland Eco Solvent Printer
    Anycubic Photon
    Corel X7
    some other stuff I dont want my wife to find out about

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor HinzeNE View Post
    I am really starting to wonder about this eBay seller. I asked a couple of questions this week, no reply. Yesterday I made an offer of 98 pct of their asking price and got no reply. The offer timed out on eBay. I asked another question a few hours ago to see if they had recieved my offer. I am super hesitant to hit the buy it now button and have 4k tied up if they are not going to ship it. I do eBay every single day so I know I would ultimately be protected but what a hassle if it doesn't work out. For those that have bought in the last few weeks did they in fact ship and give you a tracking number in a reasonable time frame. I looked again at Ali express but the horror stories, esp those about import duties are just too scary. I wont get us going down that bunny trail though. I am ready to buy. It would just be nice to know that a human being is actually there to ship my order. I do however have zero confidence that I could get any after sale resolution if something went wrong.
    Trevor, In my few dealings with buying from China and or communication with people, be patient, they often times have national holidays that they take off for, they seem to have a different attitude on doing business than we do. I would just keep trying and don't feel to put off if they don't answer right away.
    Universal PLS 6.120D 75 watt
    MutiCam Apex CNC 4'x8' w 6 bit TC.
    EnrRoute 6 Pro 3d software.
    Vision 2550 Rotary Engraver.

I never did hear back form the seller, I am hoping that they are just so darned busy sending crates out the door that they dont have time to check their messages. I paid my 3999 this A.M. for the cabinet model, really hoping that it will get shipped on Monday. I also stumbled across a youtube channel from a gentleman who has some great videos that cover the setup of the laser and the software to get great results. I dont think that I can post a link here but his user name is "AJI Machinining" If you search for him and click on the videos tab you will find 3 or 4 great videos that will surely be helpful when it comes time to get the laser all set up and tuned to play nice with the software.
    30w eBay fiber laser
    40W CO2 Laser
    CNC Lathe
    Vinyl Cutter
    Anycubic Photon
    Corel X7

I finally got a tracking number for my eBay laser and to my surprise it is for a freight company (Roadrunner trucking) and not Fedex. The listing is full of references to Fedex shipping and they even include a map with the zones that show how many days it should take to get to you. I was pretty surprised to get this freight number, and to add to my nervousness it is not working. I realize it could be because they just shipped it about 12 hours ago, or so they claim, but I would think that the tracking would show something other than invalid. (I have reached out to the seller for confirmation) Now I am super concerned that in a week I am going to get a call from some trucking terminal 60 miles away telling me to come get my crate. The Fedex shipping was definitely a selling point and I am bummed that it is coming another way. In my past experiences I have learned that shipping by truck can be amazingly quick, or that your pallet can sit somewhere for a week seemingly for no reason. I know that Amazon 2 day shipping has ruined me by raising the bar as far as shipping expectations go but this whole process continues to make me more than a little bit nervous. Did any of you that purchased from the same seller recently get yours delivered via common carrier, or were they Fedex as advertised.
    30w eBay fiber laser
    40W CO2 Laser
    CNC Lathe
    Vinyl Cutter
    Anycubic Photon
    Corel X7

Ours was delivered via FedEX.

Additional note: I am enjoying the serial function in the autotext of EZCAD...
    Epilog Legend 36EXT ~35W
    30W Fiber Laser
    Ender 3 PRO
    Corel X6
    AutoCAD 2019
    FFL 01

Ours was delivered via FedEX.

Additional note: I am enjoying the serial function in the autotext of EZCAD...
    Thanks, that does not give me a sense of security ;(
    30w eBay fiber laser
    40W CO2 Laser
    CNC Lathe
    Vinyl Cutter
    Anycubic Photon
    Corel X7

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor HinzeNE View Post
    Thanks, that does not give me a sense of security ;(
    HA! This time I was being sincere. EZCAD is incrementing by '1' on the part serial numbers like I told it...it's beautiful.
    Epilog Legend 36EXT ~35W
    30W Fiber Laser
    Ender 3 PRO
    Corel X6
    AutoCAD 2019
    FFL 01

HA! This time I was being sincere. EZCAD is incrementing by '1' on the part serial numbers like I told it...it's beautiful.
    Its all good, I actually only read the shipping part, it is nice to know the counting function works though!
    30w eBay fiber laser
    40W CO2 Laser
    CNC Lathe
    Vinyl Cutter
    Anycubic Photon
    Corel X7

for what it's worth- my first ebay machine was here in 3 days, my 2nd took about 2 weeks or so, going from memory so I forget exactly- The problem, was that evidently I got the last one in the country at the time, and mine was shipped- via Roadrunner- from back east someplace...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

I am super unimpressed with these people so far.....36 hrs to answer a question, if at all, shipped by a method other than what they stated, broken tracking links, at this point i am really wondering if I should have rolled the dice and ordered one off of Alibaba, the customs duties were the big unknown with that situation. I havent given up but I would be lying if I said that my confidence was high right now!
    Last edited by Trevor HinzeNE; 04-02-2019 at 9:09 PM. Reason: Spelling
    30w eBay fiber laser
    40W CO2 Laser
    CNC Lathe
    Vinyl Cutter
    Anycubic Photon
    Corel X7

I just received my ebay fiber on Monday April 1st, purchased from same seller as Kev, bought it late at night, so order didn't get processed till the 27th.
    I consider that pretty decent delivery time, it came from NJ to OH/IN border, via FedEx Ground.
    Still getting it ready to power up and try out.

It came with a USB thumb drive, does anyone know if this contains the EzCad software, or is it a USB Key for the software, or both?

Trevor: You are much better off (IMO) to have purchased from ebay, it would have taken longer on Alibaba, tracking numbers do take time to update, try to relax a little bit, it will get there!

Fingers crossed, but I ship items daily and find their methods are very frustrating, but all I can do is wait. I dont have my laser yet so Cleary I could be way wrong but I understood the usb to contain the software....again only based on my reading, I could be all wet. Keep us posted! I for one am interested.
    30w eBay fiber laser
    40W CO2 Laser
    CNC Lathe
    Vinyl Cutter
    Anycubic Photon
    Corel X7

The thumb drive contains the EZcad software, instructions will tell you (somewhere) to just copy the whole thing to your hard drive, and what to do from there about running the program. The dongle is built into the control board, turn on the machine, THEN load the program since the first thing EZcad does is look for the control board...
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter

Kev, as I watch youtube videos trying to give myself a head start I see refrences to easy cad and easy cad2. Wondering if there is a diffirence that you are aware of, and which one might ship with these lasers? Thanks!
    30w eBay fiber laser
    40W CO2 Laser
    CNC Lathe
    Vinyl Cutter
    Anycubic Photon
    Corel X7

EzCad2, but there's many versions of 2- what comes with these machines is a BIG improvement over my older Triumph's version...
    older: all text edit in the dinky window on the side-
    newer: 1/4 screen size text window now

older: 3 hatches, period
    newer: 3 hatches, but each now has a 'cross hatch' choice, effectively doubles possible hatch routines. There's also a 'count' option, which as of yet I have no idea what it's for, just repeat THAT hatch I assume...

older: if you stop the machine, you start over-
    newer: there's actually a PAUSE function!

older: choosing 'continuous red light' mode or 'show contour' red light was a click F3 click 'other' click 'red light pointer' click 'continuous' and/or 'show contour', click 'ok' click 'ok' mouse click nightmare..
    newer: 'continuous' and 'show contour' are now on the main screen

older: when red-lighting, if you need to jog the graphic, you hit ESC, jogjogjog- hit F1... if more jogging needed, repeat ESC-jog-F1 until you're done...
    newer: you can now jog while redlighting! It can be a bit slow to react at times, but MUCH better an all the off/on/off/on nonsense...

There's other improvements too, some I probably haven't even found out about yet
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter