Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Ebay fiber laser, I'll be the guinea pig--

Kev,

I contacted the ebay vendor you found with the M52 lens to verify all the of lenses they offered were in fact M52 thread and they confirmed it was. Pushed the button for the 110mm and the 300mm. Will let you know how it turns out when they arrive in a few weeks.

Rob

2. Hello fellow Ebay fiber users!
    I have the "blue" separated 30w unit, with the 150 lens.
    I have added a rotary device to my fiber. It works fine so far, but I'd like to add a "Zero" switch to make it go back home to the same position for each new part.
    The 5 pin round port for the rotary does not have a connection for the "Zero" contacts.
    According to the info i can find in the manuals and internet, it looks like I need to add a N.O. switch or maybe a NPN prox. to pin number 1 on the 15 pin controller connector.
    BUT, not sure if it is supposed to be grounded or supplied with 5v+ when activated. My thought is that it should be grounded.
    If anyone has some answers, I could sure use the input!!
    Thanks in advance.
    Jeff

PS. going to order a 200mm, M52 lens today $83.60 + $8. sh on ebay.

I only have a rotary on my Triumph machine, but it's always returned 'home' after it's finished engraving- only time it doesn't is if I stop the machine before it's done, then where it stops is the 'new zero'. Since that makes it a complete pain to finish something I stopped midstream, I HAVE found a crude-but-it-works workaround for that problem; before I start any engraving, I unplug the rotary, then rotate one of the jaws so it's as close to straight up as possible, then I plug the rotary in... since most rotary's only have 200 actual steps per rotation, when it locks I notice that the jaw will have moved slightly-if I force it one 'thump' one way or the other, the angle difference of the jaw is very noticeable. So I always start from the 'straight up' position, and if I lose the zero point for some reason, I just unplug the rotary, rotate it back till the correct jaw is up and plug it back in. So far it's worked for me...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

FWIW, there may be a need for us to add another fiber to our shop. We may be buying another 30W.

Thanks Kev, again.
    Epilog Legend 36EXT ~35W
    30W Fiber Laser
    Ender 3 PRO
    Corel X6
    AutoCAD 2019
    FFL 01

Maybe I should hit these ebay sellers up for a commission..

(nah)
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Damon View Post
    Kev,

I contacted the ebay vendor you found with the M52 lens to verify all the of lenses they offered were in fact M52 thread and they confirmed it was. Pushed the button for the 110mm and the 300mm. Will let you know how it turns out when they arrive in a few weeks.

Rob
    Any luck on these lenses? I am curious about the 110 and power density.
    Epilog Legend 36EXT ~35W
    30W Fiber Laser
    Ender 3 PRO
    Corel X6
    AutoCAD 2019
    FFL 01

Funny, a few weeks ago couldn't find an M52 lens, didn't even know what to call 'em, now they're all over Ebay for less than $70.

--In that video posted in the other thread, the guy had what looked to be an M85 to M52 adapter, whereas you can fit a typical M85 lens onto an M52 scanhead-- Or maybe it was to change that old expensive lens to an M85-? -anyway, I'm searching for an M85 to M52 adapter right now, but no luck so far...

I have no problem with how the M52's work, I'm not so sure they're not more efficient than the M85's on the Triumph. But M85's are available in a wider range of mm sizes. I love my 70mm, still need to practice machining with it, and I'm wanting to pick up a 300mm, neither of which I see available in the M52. --edit-- there are 300's, but 'not in stock'

I think for $69 I'm going to pick up a 110 lens to try on my ebay1 machine...

>edit< I did run into some adapters, but most are M79 to M85...
    Last edited by Kev Williams; 07-03-2019 at 12:34 PM.
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter

I ordered both the 110mm and the 300mm. I got an email from the seller the next day that the 300mm is longer being manufacturer according to thier sources in China.
    I did just recieve the 110mm in the post and it looks and functions as good as the original 150mm that came with the laser. I noticed no difference once I found the correct focal distance at deep engraving as well as shallow engraving between the lense quality wise.
    I did email all the vendors I could find on ebay and on aliexpress that listed the 300mm and all that was showing them as being available within a day changed description to "out of stock".
    So if anybody does find them in stock again please post here.
    Thanks. Rob
    Last edited by Rob Damon; 07-04-2019 at 10:57 AM.

So my eBay laser quit firing today (my post on this is in another forum on here). Okay, so here's why I'm posting this here too:

1. I fully intend to catalog the events moving forward, especially with respect to the seller's response and turnaround. This should prove useful for anyone currently owning such a machine or looking to purchase.

2. To pose this question: did I ask too much of this machine? The laser quit somewhere in 30 loops at 100mm/s at 100%power at 1KHz. Mind you I had no warning leading up to failure. Note also the machine is on an adequately sized UPS.
    Epilog Legend 36EXT ~35W
    30W Fiber Laser
    Ender 3 PRO
    Corel X6
    AutoCAD 2019
    FFL 01

Why are you running it at 1 khz?

Have you tried running it at 20 khz or 30 khz or other ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Damon View Post
    Why are you running it at 1 khz?

Have you tried running it at 20 khz or 30 khz or other ?
    The intention is to reduce the frequency to lowest threshold to maximize power aka "umph" (<---not technical term)
    Epilog Legend 36EXT ~35W
    30W Fiber Laser
    Ender 3 PRO
    Corel X6
    AutoCAD 2019
    FFL 01

Quote Originally Posted by Chris DeGerolamo View Post
    So my eBay laser quit firing today (my post on this is in another forum on here). Okay, so here's why I'm posting this here too:

1. I fully intend to catalog the events moving forward, especially with respect to the seller's response and turnaround. This should prove useful for anyone currently owning such a machine or looking to purchase.

2. To pose this question: did I ask too much of this machine? The laser quit somewhere in 30 loops at 100mm/s at 100%power at 1KHz. Mind you I had no warning leading up to failure. Note also the machine is on an adequately sized UPS.
    To answer #2 - I have run both of my machines at 100 Power and 100mm/s with over 100 loops and had no problems at all. Not sure how you got the frequency to 1, a 30 watt machine can't really go below 30.

I just ran mine yesterday at 100% power, 20 mm/s for 200 cycles at 20 khz to punch through 1.3 mm metal blank with no problems.

So it won't run at any freq.?

14. My eBay laser has acted wonky before, like it wasn’t using any power for the beam. I powered cycled it and it worked fine again. Hope yours is something simple.

Thanks all. No, the laser does not fire at any frequency. The frequency settings I was using were the defaults in the parameters (1 - 20KHz if I recall correctly). Perhaps they were incorrect from the get go.
    Epilog Legend 36EXT ~35W
    30W Fiber Laser
    Ender 3 PRO
    Corel X6
    AutoCAD 2019
    FFL 01