Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Ebay fiber laser, I'll be the guinea pig--

Excellent, thanks for the info. In watching the aji machine YouTube videos that I mentioned the other day I believe that I saw him use the count to do each hatch routine. He was using all 3 routines, but he ran each one something lime 3 or 5 times before it started on the 2nd strategy then the 3rd. At least on his videos the software appears a litttle bit quirky but quite powerful as well. My laser is currently between New Jersey and Chicago, an route to Nebraska, I cant wait!
    30w eBay fiber laser
    Axiom Precision AR4 Pro CNC router
    40W CO2 Laser
    CNC Lathe
    Vinyl Cutter
    Roland Eco Solvent Printer
    Anycubic Photon
    Corel X7
    some other stuff I dont want my wife to find out about

So you finally got tracking to update?

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor HinzeNE View Post
    Excellent, thanks for the info. In watching the aji machine YouTube videos that I mentioned the other day I believe that I saw him use the count to do each hatch routine. He was using all 3 routines, but he ran each one something lime 3 or 5 times before it started on the 2nd strategy then the 3rd. At least on his videos the software appears a litttle bit quirky but quite powerful as well. My laser is currently between New Jersey and Chicago, an route to Nebraska, I cant wait!

Yep, it shows it was last loaded in a trailer in New Jersey this am at 30 min past midnight. Not quite California, but i am just pleased to see some progress.
    30w eBay fiber laser
    40W CO2 Laser
    CNC Lathe
    Vinyl Cutter
    Anycubic Photon
    Corel X7

Could someone share the NJ location these are shipping from? That might put me over the edge on wanting to buy considering if something went wrong with the transaction, I could throw it through their window.
    Equipment: IS400, IS6000, VLS 6.60, LS100, HP4550, Ricoh GX e3300n, Hotronix STX20
    Software: Adobe Suite & Gravostyle 5
    Business: Trophy, Awards and Engraving

Quote Originally Posted by Ross Moshinsky View Post
    Could someone share the NJ location these are shipping from? That might put me over the edge on wanting to buy considering if something went wrong with the transaction, I could throw it through their window.

I will past the info from mine below, one caveat though I ordered the larger desk model and it seems to ship from NJ while others have reported that their desktop models shipped via FedEx from California I believe. Good luck, Mine has now made it as far a Chicago, only a 7 hour drive from my house, but it still shows Tuesday next week as the estimated delivery date.

Origin
    SANVEN 4PX
    1000 HIGH ST C/O 4PX NJ
    PERTH AMBOY, NJ 08861
    30w eBay fiber laser
    40W CO2 Laser
    CNC Lathe
    Vinyl Cutter
    Anycubic Photon
    Corel X7

I got curious, apparently it is a logistics company specializing on import delivery logistics which makes perfect sense. It is a 354,000 sq ft building so it is bound to have a t least one good sized window!

https://www.dukerealty.com/duke-real...or-eport-1000/
    30w eBay fiber laser
    40W CO2 Laser
    CNC Lathe
    Vinyl Cutter
    Anycubic Photon
    Corel X7

Thanks for the info. It's only about 15 minutes from here so that's pretty convenient. Maybe I can even save a few bucks by not having it shipped and I'll just pick it up.
    Equipment: IS400, IS6000, VLS 6.60, LS100, HP4550, Ricoh GX e3300n, Hotronix STX20
    Software: Adobe Suite & Gravostyle 5
    Business: Trophy, Awards and Engraving

Thanks for the info. It's only about 15 minutes from here so that's pretty convenient. Maybe I can even save a few bucks by not having it shipped and I'll just pick it up.
    Well if you were on the fence at all as to which model to buy that should make the decision much easier! I would message the seller well in advance, I have sent them paragraphs at a time and 24 to 36 hours later I get a 2 or 3 word response. It has to cost them 3 to 500 to ship one so I would surely imagine they would let you pick it up and refund at least part of that money but who knows! If you end up going take some pictures to post if you can!
    30w eBay fiber laser
    40W CO2 Laser
    CNC Lathe
    Vinyl Cutter
    Anycubic Photon
    Corel X7

That's not the seller, it's a logistics company that the seller uses to ship out their goods. Although it's possible they would let you pick up there, it's unlikely that any returns would go there or that they would have anything to do with, or care about, returns. It would be like picking up a package from the local UPS warehouse - they are the delivery agent, that's it.

I just got off the phone with the freight company. My laser arrived in Chicago last Thursday at 1030 A.M and hasnt really moved since then. It is headed for Omaha today and they Claim it should be there tonight. Omaha is 45 Minutes from me but they Now estimate that it will be delivered on Thursday. I know Amazon has ruined me as far as shipping expectations but this Road Runner freight company has to be one of the biggest Jokes ever. End of Rant I will go back to attempting to be patient now!
    30w eBay fiber laser
    40W CO2 Laser
    CNC Lathe
    Vinyl Cutter
    Anycubic Photon
    Corel X7

Someone mentioned they'd like to see some video of one of these machines in action- done!

BTW I'm about the lousy-est narrator on the planet, fair warning... :

I made 2 clips, both clips were made using my ebay2 cabinet model with the lonnngg 220 lens.

first clip I'm engraving a carbon fiber rifle barrel. It's about 4-1/2 minutes of the same thing so feel free to fast forward

next clip in the next post...
    Last edited by Kev Williams; 04-08-2019 at 8:12 PM.
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

--second clip is just a short video of engraving some anodized...

--just wanted to point out that my GoPro did NOT do those barrels justice, they look much better than the vid shows. Customer picked them up before could grab my camera...

And I wanted to mention that my hatch routine got to .004-.006" deep in 18 passes. Now, they were lengthy passes but not too bad-- according to the vid my 6 passes got done in 2:30, so then 18 passes would be 7:30... With a 220 lens, IMO that amazes me... and while 7-1/2 minutes sounds lengthy, yeah I can tool engrave that less than half the time, BUT, not in a fancy font I can't, and sometimes 2 or more passes is needed, and when you add in the clamping/aligning/tool zero-ing time, and then time to sharpen tools every 2 or 3 engravings, the overall time is just about equal. Factor in how easy fiber alignment is, and knowing a laser beam won't move the barrel, the fiber wins hands down...
    Last edited by Kev Williams; 04-08-2019 at 8:25 PM.
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Wow, looks amazing, thanks for the videos. Any chance yo you care to share your special recipies you developed for each of the routines? If not I totally understand. When it takes me that long to figure something out I am torn between telling anyone who will listen, and not telling a soul!
    30w eBay fiber laser
    40W CO2 Laser
    CNC Lathe
    Vinyl Cutter
    Anycubic Photon
    Corel X7

My laser showed up at 750 am today, what a great way to,start the day. Delivery went smoothly and so did setup. Was engraving within an hour....what an amazing machine! Pics to follow later I hope.IMG_20190409_113219_554.jpg
    30w eBay fiber laser
    40W CO2 Laser
    CNC Lathe
    Vinyl Cutter
    Anycubic Photon
    Corel X7

Loving my fiber so far although I have much to learn. Unfortunately I am not able to save any configuration settings because the software does not like the path it has specified for the .cfg file. Oddly enough though it is looking in the correct spot, and I have no idea how to tell it otherwise anyhow. Does anybody else get this message. It is a pita to not have it save any settings and constantly pop up with error messages whenever you make a change in the layout or settings.0410190753_HDR.jpg
    30w eBay fiber laser
    40W CO2 Laser
    CNC Lathe
    Vinyl Cutter
    Anycubic Photon
    Corel X7