Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Ebay fiber laser, I'll be the guinea pig--

Thanks for the followup & story, Kev !
    Best wishes,
    Ian

ULS M-300, 55w made 2002 with rotary. Goldenlaser 130 watt, 1300x700 made 2011.
    Flat bed 2500x1300 150/90watt 2 tube laser, 2018 model.
    Esab router, 1989, 4.5 x 2.0 m, conv. to Tekcel, and modded a 2nd time.
    HP L260-60". Roland PNC-1410. Mimaki GC-130 SU.
    Screenprinting carousel 6x4 and 7x4 ft 1-arm bandit vac table.
    Corel Draw X3, Illy, Indesign & Photoshop CS2 & CS5, Enroute 4
    Pencil, paper, paintbrush, airbrush & dagger-liners & assorted other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    If it's not perfect, it'll be pretty much like every other machine I've ever bought ...

Words of profundity - T-shirt quality!

Screen Shot 2019-03-13 at 3.37.10 PM.png
    Homemade 6W 900x500mm diode engraver
    600x900mm Reci W4 with Ruida 6442G
    300x200mm 50W desktop hacked to bits with mods
    ...waiting on a 1325 Reci W8...

Pulled the trigger one, should be here by next Monday (25th). Any recommendations on eye protection? Amazon's costs are all over the place.
    Epilog Legend 36EXT ~35W
    30W Fiber Laser
    Ender 3 PRO
    Corel X6
    AutoCAD 2019
    FFL 01

Someone besides me may chime in with the best deal, BUT I know this much- find glasses that ABSORB the laser light rather than REFLECT it- Reasons: The reflective type are just coated, and if the coating gets scratched, the laser energy can find it's way thru the scratch-- I have 3 pair of absorption style, 2 have dark blue lenses, the other has green lenses, they're a little darkish but not bad. The blue's are quite dark, nice for actually watching the laser work since the working beam is about a lumen and a half less than arc-welding brightness - but they're SO dark that watching is all they're good for, you can't see squat otherwise, so wearing while changing parts frequently doesn't work for me. And one other thing about the blue color, they render all red lasers invisible, so you can't see your red pointers while wearing them. But they're good insurance for bystanders. The green's are still dark enough to make it hard to see between parts changes, but at least I can see the red laser.

According to the ads, these are both absortion style, and probably most over $50 will be. I KNOW the green ones are, I lasered one of the lenses as a test. If you test, aim for the edge of the lens, I hit the middle... oops
    -note that the green lenses themselves are etched with the laser bandwidth they protect, the blue's have the frames etched. And I haven't tested the blue ones with the laser, I'm just assuming they work...
    lz1.jpglz2.jpg
    --both of these are in the $55 range on ebay right now-

Someone awhile back pointed out where to buy some nearly clear versions that were effective and weren't too expensive.
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Thanks Kev. I'll certainly look into it.

And, as time permits, I'll politely hijack this thread with my progress/input/results/insults (lol jk)
    Epilog Legend 36EXT ~35W
    30W Fiber Laser
    Ender 3 PRO
    Corel X6
    AutoCAD 2019
    FFL 01

The unit is set for delivery Thursday. I have a dedicated machine in place and ready to install EZ CAD. Blower had a Tee installed today if/when needed. Been watching a lot a videos and reading a lot. I am excited to put some of my experiments to test. I have downloaded and read the Tymca (sp?) fiber PDF and plan to start there WRT settings. Unbox and other pictures will be soon to follow, schedule permitting. Thank you Kev and others, this community is great.
    Epilog Legend 36EXT ~35W
    30W Fiber Laser
    Ender 3 PRO
    Corel X6
    AutoCAD 2019
    FFL 01

Kev,

Have you ever looked into buying a piece of absorption glass (like the green) for building an enclosure. I have found it from one supplier but the cost was astronomical. My kids will come running into the shop every now and then and I have to start screaming to stop, until I can get some glasses on them. It would be nice to have an enclosure.
    Universal 60w VLS6.60 w/ rotary
    RayFine 30w MOPA
    Corel X8, Photoshop

Fab shop with South Bend Heavy 10, Bridgeport 9x42, 185a welder and a multitude of supporting tools/equipment

Laser arrived about 3:30, everything intact and where it was supposed to be. Copied the files from the dongle to my Fiber computer C: and now the dongle won't get recognized...still working on that. Everything else should fall into place after I get the dog working.
    Epilog Legend 36EXT ~35W
    30W Fiber Laser
    Ender 3 PRO
    Corel X6
    AutoCAD 2019
    FFL 01

9. The dongle might actually be the laser itself. Is it plugged into the computer and turned on?

the dongle IS in the laser-- what the instructions don't make clear is that the machine MUST BE ON before EzCad is started...
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    the dongle IS in the laser-- what the instructions don't make clear is that the machine MUST BE ON before EzCad is started...
    Thinking it over last night, that is what I was figuring...at the time though the machine was ice cold and we decided to let it warm up before powering it up. We should have it going any minute. Thanks for the reply Kev.

EDIT: plugged in and turned on, EZCAD in demo mode still. Going to check connections on board in a sec..
    Last edited by Chris DeGerolamo; 03-22-2019 at 9:15 AM.
    Epilog Legend 36EXT ~35W
    30W Fiber Laser
    Ender 3 PRO
    Corel X6
    AutoCAD 2019
    FFL 01

Drove myself crazy for a second trying to rule things out then all of the sudden W7 found the laser board and I was able to install the driver. I have eaten some anodized first, this thing is cool to say the least. Gotta figure all the settings still but very excited to get 'er going again.
    Epilog Legend 36EXT ~35W
    30W Fiber Laser
    Ender 3 PRO
    Corel X6
    AutoCAD 2019
    FFL 01

Ken, can you have the seller email me, or give me a phone number where I can contact him/her? I live in N. Cali, but would easily make that drive down south if they'd be willing to give me a demo You can PM me if you want- T.I.A.

BTW, do you have a link to any videos you have showing it in action?

Mike
    Mike

Proud 24-yr USAF Veteran

COMPUTER: Dell Optiplex 620 - XP
    LASER HARDWARE: Pinnacle 25W Mercury,
    LaserPro 50W Explorer
    SOFTWARE: Corel X3, CS4 Suite, Photoshop Web Suite CS3, Solidworks
    FIRMWARE: My brain

Last edited by jestes dupek; 03-22-2019 at 9:10 PM.

to the best of my knowledge the machines are just shipped in and warehoused in California, with a worker or two sticking address labels on the crates and shipping them out, I doubt there's any machines in working order for a test drive. My only comm with the seller, 3 times I think, was email thru ebay. Any of the sellers of the lasers listed as being in stock in Ontario California seem to be part of group of sellers working for the same company in China..
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter