Thread: Band Saw Blade Length

Band Saw Blade Length

I am adding a 6" riser block to a Ridgid 14" band saw. The original blade length is 93.5 inches. Does that compute to a 105.5" new blade length?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Enders View Post
    I am adding a 6" riser block to a Ridgid 14" band saw. The original blade length is 93.5 inches. Does that compute to a 105.5" new blade length?
    Don't know about the ridgid, but when I put a riser on my Delta 14" bandsaw years ago I used 105" blades. An Olson box says the 105 will fit 14" Delta, Jet, Grizzly, Reliant, etc. with riser.

JKJ

I've got a Ridgid 14" with the riser, and 105" blades work fine.
    earl

I don't know on your particular saw, but I have found that my 18" Jet bandsaw which is supposed to get 133" blades is also perfectly happy with 132" blades. I have sometimes bought them on eBay when they were cheaper than the nominally correct size. The wheel on the bandsaw does move up and down, so it's just a matter of how far down it can go.
    Zach

I always buy mine 1/2” - 1” smaller than manufacturer says. That doesn’t help OP but I would suggest airing on smaller due to saws ability to tension.

My Delta with a riser block is same as John,105''.

Yes, you have added 6" in the straight.
    or:
    Circumference plus 2x center to center= blade length. Or, you could use a 50' tape measure. Make sure you add a little to get the blade on.

Stan

105" is a standard size for a 14" saw with riser.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Quote Originally Posted by Zachary Hoyt View Post
    The wheel on the bandsaw does move up and down, so it's just a matter of how far down it can go.
    It's a matter of how far up it will go too! I once bought a blade from Woodcraft that was would not tighten and tension on my 18" Rikon. Counting teeth, it was one tooth longer than an identical blade that did fit OK. About 1/3" too long.

JKJ

Thanks all. I have ordered 105" blades and will report any trouble(s). Rich.