Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Remote control for starter

Just finished this up tonight. Ordered a 120 coil for the starter, turned out there's no 120 in the control cabinet.... Ended up using the 240 coil that the starter had in it to begin with and pulling power from something in the cabinet. Chased a piece of SO cord out of the cabinet up to the starter. Now there's a nice switch to kick the collector on right on the control cabinet.

Not really related, but that dust collector is pretty reasonable on noise. I kinda figured it wouldn't be horrible, and would be on par with the unit outside, but I was concerned that thing would a screamer. It is as loud as the collector outside, but the one outside is moving substantially more than double the air.

Yea, Oneida's systems do have reasonable sound levels. You can do some simple baffling to reduce some of the direct sound transmission in your shop, too, if you want to take the trouble. 'Glad you got the control setup working! Now you can concentrate on making fine dust with the CNC.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Yea, Oneida's systems do have reasonable sound levels. You can do some simple baffling to reduce some of the direct sound transmission in your shop, too, if you want to take the trouble. 'Glad you got the control setup working! Now you can concentrate on making fine dust with the CNC.
    Ran the first nest with it today finally. About 7 minutes and we had the feed rate at about 70%. On my best day, cutting and machining a full sheet of parts took 35 minutes. That doesn't include cutting shelves, which this is doing as well.

Wish I could've/would've pulled the trigger on a router a long time ago.

Yea, you're going to enjoy that machine doing a lot of the "grunt work" for you and that bodes well for your ability to support a higher volume of work...assuming you have the hands to do the rest of the work since the CNC is going to spit out parts pretty darn quick!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...