Thread: How do I make my Bosch Router MRC23EVSK and Porter Cable 4216 kit bushings work?

How do I make my Bosch Router MRC23EVSK and Porter Cable 4216 kit bushings work?

I have the above listed router

On my wish list is the PC4216 kit... wanna make some of the fancy box joints and dove tails..

was as reading I need to use the bushings that come in the 4216 kit, ok.. how the heck do I make em work? Looks like I need some sort of sub base and centering gizmo?
    Ridgid R4513 jobsite saw, Ridgid R4512 Table saw, Ridgid JP601 jointer/planer,
    Jet DC-1100VX-CK Dust collector, Bosch 1617 EVSPK router, Bosch RA1181 router table, Rikon 10-326 Band saw
    Dewalt 735 planer, Fuji Q5Platinum HVLP,

Quote Originally Posted by David Ruhland View Post

On my wish list is the PC4216 kit... wanna make some of the fancy box joints and dove tails..

was as reading I need to use the bushings that come in the 4216 kit, ok.. how the heck do I make em work? Looks like I need some sort of sub base and centering gizmo?
    I think Bosch has their own set of template guides. Google it. And I think Rockler also makes aftermarket guides and plates. Check them out.

Quote Originally Posted by David Ruhland View Post

https://www.amazon.com/Bosch-8-Piece...37481746&psc=1

You need the RA1129 template guide adaptor set. It comes with the quick change adaptor and the RA1100 which accepts screw-in PC type bushings. The centering pin for that router is the RA1151. Together they should run you about $15.

Edit: You can buy the set that Leo link to which has the RA1129 set within the set and pick up the centering guide, but if you just want to use the PC guide bushings and don't care if you have the Bosch quick change versions as well the RA1129 alone will save you about $18.
    Last edited by Van Huskey; 11-19-2018 at 10:30 PM.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Blog Entries
    I used to run the adapter but, am more happy now that I just changed to a different plate. Many of my plates are from Pat Warner but, we all have to settle for shop made or common commercial products now. RIP Pat.
    Last edited by glenn bradley; 11-20-2018 at 8:47 AM.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

This should do it...Thanks everyone...

Quote Originally Posted by Van Huskey View Post
    You need the RA1129 template guide adaptor set. It comes with the quick change adaptor and the RA1100 which accepts screw-in PC type bushings. The centering pin for that router is the RA1151. Together they should run you about $15.

Edit: You can buy the set that Leo link to which has the RA1129 set within the set and pick up the centering guide, but if you just want to use the PC guide bushings and don't care if you have the Bosch quick change versions as well the RA1129 alone will save you about $18.
    I think this is all i will need. the link that Leo sent looks good too, but i dont know what i would ever use the other bushings for???

Thanks everyone...
    Ridgid R4513 jobsite saw, Ridgid R4512 Table saw, Ridgid JP601 jointer/planer,
    Jet DC-1100VX-CK Dust collector, Bosch 1617 EVSPK router, Bosch RA1181 router table, Rikon 10-326 Band saw
    Dewalt 735 planer, Fuji Q5Platinum HVLP,

One quick comment about the Bosch bushings and adapter: If you install them and simply let the spring lock them in place, they will seem secure, but can wobble just a bit to ruin precision. All you need to do is to tighten the lock by pushing with your finger in the same direction as does the spring, and they lock in solidly and precisely.