Thread: Osborne EB-3

Osborne EB-3

Well, I finally upgraded my Table Saw Miter Gage. I've been fighting with the OEM supplied gage for 7 years, and decided it was time for "Merry Christmas to me". It arrived today, and I must say the fit and finish is superb. I haven't gotten a chance to play with it, maybe later tonight.

C
    Lisa I have one of these miter gauges. We use it as a "mini -slider" mostly for cross cutting plywood pieces on my job-site saw (Delta contractor). Great gauge ,think you will like it.

I've had one for 10+ years. It's a great tool.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

I have one and want a second. One for each side of the blade.

One thing to watch for is when you set if up for an angled cut and bring the fence close to the blade for material support. When you return it to square the fence will overlap the blade. Did it once and when I made the cut the SawStop got angry and braked the blade. It would have cut the end of the fence off (up to 2 1/4") if it was a regular saw. So check the fence if you move it when you return to former settings.

Maybe it is true for all miters but I frequently check mine for square and often need to make adjustments. Good luck!
    Rustic? Well, no. That was not my intention!

Couple years ago, I compared one of those side-by-side with several other brands. To me, the Osborne felt a little flimsy. Do you folks who have them and like them have any concerns there?

Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Well, I got a chance to get a good look at the Osborne today and set it up. Before I played with it, I re-aligned my blade to miter slot, as I had been suspicious it was off, and it was, by .006". Once I loaded the Osborne, I did the old 12" square pc of ply cutting to check squareness...it was off a total of .0014" in the five cuts, so that good enough for me! Yep, I'm going to like this toy.

I've enjoyed mine for about ten years now. I love it. I don't think it's at all flimsy.

Frederick it is solid and as I said I’d like a second. One for either side of the blade.

Ok, thank you guys!
    Lisa, enjoy your new "toy".
    Last edited by Frederick Skelly; 11-21-2018 at 2:18 PM. Reason: Typo
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

I've had mine for years and use it frequently. Mine seems to hold squareness, once I set it, way back when. I don't find it flimsy at all. In fact, I find it surprisingly heavy for what it is. That said, I use a sled for larger panels.

We frequently use mine to cut one inch plywood stair treads to length ,have been doing this for 7-8 years and still good as new. I did have two and sold one to an employee, wish I had kept it. Mike.

13. Quote Originally Posted by Peter Christensen View Post
    I have one and want a second. One for each side of the blade.

One thing to watch for is when you set if up for an angled cut and bring the fence close to the blade for material support. When you return it to square the fence will overlap the blade. Did it once and when I made the cut the SawStop got angry and braked the blade. It would have cut the end of the fence off (up to 2 1/4") if it was a regular saw. So check the fence if you move it when you return to former settings.
    Yes and yes. And yes again.