Thread: My woodworking area

My woodworking area

Its 10'x16' which I am grateful for since it got me off my deck and out of the weather I do have the space to move my tablesaw to the left there up against the wall. I can take the router table off my workmate and store them out of the way and I am going to build a fliptop bench for my planer thats on my workbench so later I can store the jointer I am planning on getting later on the same flip top bench and I will have a place for it to to store it out of the way.

IMG_20181122_141749343.jpg

Much better than using the deck Marlin! Good for you!
    I can't recall - did you build a shed or is this in the corner of some other building?
    Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Good for you. A small shop is certainly better than no shop. It gives you an opportunity to get creative with tool storage and work area. I have been there.

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Skelly View Post
    Much better than using the deck Marlin! Good for you!
    I can't recall - did you build a shed or is this in the corner of some other building?
    Fred
    well believe it or not this use to be my moms bedroom and it is part of a larger shop a 36'x16' which at one time my family (5 of us) and my mom we lived in it while we went from a 2 bedroom log cabin to a 4 bedroom house. It had a small kitchen and a big living area for us 5 plus a full bath and I made sure my mom had her own bedroom with a private exterior and interior entrance. For several months we lived like that until the house got done. LOL I love my family but I did alot of voluntary overtime .

I rip the kitchen out and the larger area is my mom sewing room for all her machines She fixin to be 80 this Dec and still going strong.

A warm, dry space work space is a great motivator regardless of size. Wet and/or cold fingers quickly take the fun out of woodworking. Congratulations!
    Last edited by julian abram; 11-23-2018 at 11:11 PM.

Brings back memories! My first shop was 12x16 utility shed.