Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cleaning the Floor

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Stenzel View Post
    Something is amiss here. Absolute zero is −459.67 degrees F. Nitrogen boils at about -320 degrees F. I'm going from memory here, formerly worked at oxygen separation facilities.

More likely liquid nitrogen floor cleaning would end up with the likely shattered tiles popped loose and the concrete spalled if there's moisture in it. But it would take care of your dust worries as they would be replaced with better worries. If anyone tries it please let us know how it worked. Assuming you survive.

-Tom
    I'm in. Got a 2000lb liquid N2-hauler on the way. I'll have my wife login and report the results after they pat me in the face with a shovel.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Stenzel View Post
    Something is amiss here. Absolute zero is −459.67 degrees F. Nitrogen boils at about -320 degrees F. I'm going from memory here, formerly worked at oxygen separation facilities.

More likely liquid nitrogen floor cleaning would end up with the likely shattered tiles popped loose and the concrete spalled if there's moisture in it. But it would take care of your dust worries as they would be replaced with better worries. If anyone tries it please let us know how it worked. Assuming you survive.

-Tom
    You're right. I liked Bill Dufour's crazy idea, and was inspired to make up some science.

Really, I vacuum the concrete floor with a central vac, vented out doors. I usually do it when I need a break.

Ok fine! If that's how you want to help I can play in a possibly helpful way, helpful to me anyway. Let's test those scientific imaginations. How about something electrostatic, something that will make the dust jump into the dustbin?