Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ebay package not delived but USPS says it was.

The people who named streets in my town weren't very creative. Thus, we have Bryden Avenue, the next street north is Bryden Drive and this poorly conceived system continues with other street names too. Often, when we have a temporary delivery person, our mail ends up at the same house number on the similarly named street, one block from our home and the USPS shows "delivered". It was delivered but not to the right address. I recently had an order of 4 heavy duty leveling feet from Amazon delivered to the similarly named address. Their young teen son didn't look at the name or address before he opened it to see what Mom and Dad had ordered. I was monitoring the order and my lovely wife offered to check with them. She picked it up for me.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 11-18-2018 at 3:31 PM.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

I have a package coming to me in the USPS system that was misrouted. I live in California so the first digit of my zip code is 9. For some reason, the package got routed to the exact same zip code - except that the first digit was changed to 1. So the package was shipped to New York. The PO there recognized the problem and the package is now on it's way (hopefully) to me. I'm concerned that the package (and it's contents) will be in sad shape after all that shipping around.

But even with that, I've had good experience with the Post Office. I've shipped and received a lot of packages and they've made very, very few mistakes. Also, our delivery has been good, with very few incorrect deliveries to us (other people's mail delivered to us or our mail delivered to someone else).

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    The people who named streets in my town weren't very creative. Thus, we have Bryden Avenue, the next street north is Bryden Drive and this poorly conceived system continues with other street names too. Often, when we have a temporary delivery person, our mail ends up at the same house number on the similarly named street, one block from our home. and the USPS shows "delivered". It was but not to the right address. I recently had an order of 4 heavy duty leveling feet from Amazon delivered to the similarly named address. Their young teen son didn't look at the name or address before he opened it to see what Mom and Dad had ordered. I was monitoring the order and my lovely wife offered to check with them. She picked it up for me.
    Good luck!
    The first time I ever went to Atlanta, I had to call for directions to the place I was going. They said, "Where are you now?" I said, "I'm on Peachtree." I now know why she laughed at me. There are hundreds of "Peachtree" streets, avenues, coves, lanes, etc. in Atlanta. It was about as helpful as saying, "I'm on a road- it's made of tar and has a yellow stripe down the middle."

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Schweizer View Post
    The first time I ever went to Atlanta, I had to call for directions to the place I was going. They said, "Where are you now?" I said, "I'm on Peachtree." I now know why she laughed at me. There are hundreds of "Peachtree" streets, avenues, coves, lanes, etc. in Atlanta. It was about as helpful as saying, "I'm on a road- it's made of tar and has a yellow stripe down the middle."
    The local ATL saying is "Half the streets are named Peachtree and the other half have 5 names to make up the difference".
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Schweizer View Post
    As the drunk told his wife to pick him up. "Where are you?" she said. He replies "at the corner of walk and don't walk."

Confusing streets? Go to Miami FL. starting at Flagler, the E-W streets are 1st street North and 1st Street South Street Then if they are on one side or the other of the main North South Street, they are either 1st Street Southwest, 1st Street North West, 1st Street North East, etc. 138th St North East is almost 40 miles from 138th Street South East. If someone gives you an address and the wrong compass points, you might be looking for 12786 76th Street North East, which would be a few miles out in the Altantic. Or 12786 76th Street South West, which IIRC, is in the Everglades. Arlington VA had a similar confusing street lay out for the E_W streets. At least most of the North-South Streets were in a logical order. alphabetically starting at the Potomac with single syllable streets, then proceeding westward, with 2 syllable street names in alphabetical order and then three syllable streets, etc. The problem was that some were shaped like Giant "C".s wrapping around Arlington. and passing through single, double and triple syllable named streets.