Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Best 14" Band Saw Under $1000

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Walsh View Post
    14/12 does not like the 3/4 resaw king.

I had the best luck with a 1/2 blade on that machine.
    Lenox TriMaster is available in 1/2" width and .025" thickness. I wonder how that would work on common 14" saws. Ain't cheap though at $179.83 here:

https://www.bandsawbladesdirect.com/...oothFinder=191

Quote Originally Posted by Van Huskey View Post
    Do you mean the G0513X2 or the G0513/513ANV?
    X2....based on one of your other posts, you made it sound like the upgrades on the X2 are well worth the price over the ANV.
    Thanks,
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Wilson80 View Post
    X2....based on one of your other posts, you made it sound like the upgrades on the X2 are well worth the price over the ANV.
    Thanks,
    Tom
    I ask because you said the Grizzly you were looking at was within $50 of the Laguna and Rikon because I thought the 513X2 would be over $1300 shipped lift gate.

The advantages of the 513X2 is the extra throat depth and the 1/4 hp more and the drawback is the lack of toolless guides. As the budget creeps up we are getting into the range of the 14BX and 10-353. You have to be careful about budget creep.

One other saw to consider in the range is the Jet 14 SFX since we are broadening horizons.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

I'm liking my Laguna 14/12. I have the 3/4" Resaw King on it, took a delicate touch to get it tracking with no drift, but I haven't had the need to adjusted it in 18 months.

I would buy it again. I paid the $999 sale price.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisA Edwards View Post
    I'm liking my Laguna 14/12. I have the 3/4" Resaw King on it, took a delicate touch to get it tracking with no drift, but I haven't had the need to adjusted it in 18 months.

I would buy it again. I paid the $999 sale price.
    Yeah, the more I look at all of these bandsaws that are close to the same price and watch online reviews, I'm leaning more and more towards a Laguna - I think the 12-14 would serve all of my needs fine, though I've also been looking at the 14BX (110 vs 220v)....it's easy to get sucked into an upgrade!

Quote Originally Posted by John Goodin View Post
    My wife, who absolutely hates gift buying for me, said it is cool if I buy a band saw for Christmas. To her credit she never says no, rarely asks what it costs but I still like getting her approval for bigger purchases. She did ask if it would expand my ability to create projects and that was enough for her to be on board. I am a lucky man.

So your opinions and on the best 14" band saw under $1000 ($800 ideally) would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to break the upper price limit and I am not really interested in shopping used. Where I live the used market for a quality machines is very limited although I just missed getting a two year old Powermatic PWBS-14CS yesterday on craigslist. For $850 I knew it would go to the first buyer.

I do like the Rikon 10-326 but it is 100 dollars over my self imposed limit and the 10-324 seems like a nice compromise. I can upgrade the guides to a Carter set down the road if I really feel the need. Compared to most people on this forum I am a marginal hobbyist woodworker and my greatest limitation will probably always be my skill set and not the machine. Thanks in advance and Happy Thanksgiving.
    Your Wife is a Keeper Does she have sister?

I am old School old Arn.

Unless you need to often "Resaw", not for that, but for general everyday use...

Get an old Rockwell/ Delta... As early as approx 1950 for sub $400 if clean and gently used.

START w that.... THEN move to what your needs are for what YOU want to do.

Marc
    I'm pretty new here, not as as experienced as most. Please don't hesitate to correct me