Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is Megan Fitzpatrick Up to

Popula Woodworking

Quote Originally Posted by lowell holmes View Post
    I recently subscribed to the magazine again, but alas without Megan and Chris Schwartz, it is not the same.

Lowell,

Your being kind.

Brad

Quote Originally Posted by Megan Fitzpatrick View Post
    Aw shucks – thanks for asking :-)

As others have noted, I've started what can only (at this point) be called a micro-publishing company (Rude Mechanicals Press), through which right now I offer a slightly enlarged (for my old eyes!) hardcover edition of "Mechanic's Companion"; I'll have another (possibly two) titles in 2019.

I'm also now editor of The Chronicle, the quarterly print journal of the Early American Industries Association, and my first issue just hit mailboxes last week...so I'm hard at work on the next. On that note, if anyone has scholarly research on early American tools/trades/industries (woodworking-related or other) you'd like to share, I'd love to hear from you: 1snugthejoiner@gmail.com or editor@eaiainfo.org.

I'm also teaching (mostly hand tool) woodworking classes (in 2019 at Lost Art Press, Highland Woodworking, Port Townsend School of Woodworking and Lie-Nielsen), editing for LAP and Mortise & Tenon, writing freelance articles (I just had an online piece w/Fine Woodworking on Knapp joints – that was fun!) and trying desperately to get my house into less-heinous shape :-)

Megan
    @1snugthejoiner
    rudemechanicalspress.com
    Would like to get over to Highland Woodworking for one of your classes!

I wish she was back at PWW. The mag has gone down hill since she left. I almost didn't re-up.
    Life's too short to use old sandpaper.

How's that dissertation coming, Megan?

Blog Entries
    Hopefully they read this site. I will not subscribe again if the magazine is in it's present mode.

Blog Entries
    I received the December issue, and it leaves me cold.

I sure miss the old magazine, but if the subject matter in the current magazines does not improve,
    I will not renew.