Thread: US MAP and World Map files

US MAP and World Map files

Anyone have laser ready US map and world map file that you could share. I have a few but has a lot of double lines. Like to find one with single lines.

Thanks
    Last edited by Bruce Page; 11-17-2018 at 1:03 PM.

can't help with file but might be a good idea to remover your emil address as it violates the TOS here refering to your website
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

freevectormaps.com probably has what you need.
    Shenhui 1440x850, 130 Watt Reci Z6
    Gerber Sabre 408

Check out a piece of free software called QGIS. It allows you to make maps with different projections and export to a variety of graphics formats. The shapefiles (map data used by professional cartographers) can be had for free from a variety of sources and includes geographic features as well as borders. You can turn these on or off as you wish. There are a lot of video tutorials and good documentation because the software has been around for years.

I have also gone to the CIA's (yes, that CIA) World Factbook and gotten maps. They have PDF (vector) maps that can be edited in graphics software to remove or change features.

I know these aren't "laser-ready" but they are free, easy to work with, and customizable.

Thanks

Will see how to remove the email address.