Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What tools on your Black Friday wish list?

If we are talking wish list

Laguna 1836 lathe
    Nova dvr drill press
    Drum sander
    LN rabbet block plane

If we're talking reality, maybe the block plane. I need/want those tools for upcoming projects, but will acquire what I can when I can but only when the project demands it.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul F Franklin View Post
    Two things on my list....Domino and Laguna 18BX. Not expecting to see any Black Friday deals on either. Should have bought the bandsaw when they were 10% off a month or two ago...but had too much going on at the time to deal with it.
    I bought my 18bx last black Friday weekend for 10 Percent off. I bet the same will be this year as well

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Mac View Post
    If we are talking wish list

Laguna 1836 lathe
    Nova dvr drill press
    Drum sander
    LN rabbet block plane

If we're talking reality, maybe the block plane. I need/want those tools for upcoming projects, but will acquire what I can when I can but only when the project demands it.
    I told my wife the block plane would be nice. I had to show her a pic. I think she kept the link for it on her phone, so maybe I will get lucky.

Blog Entries
    48” Jointer.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Curtis View Post
    I told my wife the block plane would be nice. I had to show her a pic. I think she kept the link for it on her phone, so maybe I will get lucky.
    I've had the plane in the past, I just lost it in a move. For my money, it is the best block plane out there. Really versatile, well made etc.

- - 18V/36V Makita tools are high on my list....I'm in love with my cordless Makita track saw & want more tools that use the same batteries.

- - A new flush handle for my stupid "water waster" Kohler toilet....God I hate that thing.....for a dime, I'd take a sledge hammer to it....
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

More VersaStack boxes, my new fascination.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lehnert View Post
    My wish list.
    1) Large bandsaw 17" or larger
    2) Drum sander
    3) Framing nailer for a deck project next spring.
    Can't think of anything I need but if I did I'd order it online rather than brave the stores.

If you want, I'll could put your name and wishlist in my will in case I suddenly kick off, kick the bucket, expire, take the big sleep, push up roses, cash in my chips, cross the Jordan, fall in a ditch, give up the ghost, ... You'd have to drive down with a truck since the first two are bulky. I'll give my wife your profile picture so she doesn't give the shop key to the wrong person.

JKJ

If it helps you make your decision, I ran my finger into my Sawstop blade a few days ago. I got a pretty good nick (I was pushing an uneven cutting board a little too hard w/o a pushstick...dumb move)....any other saw and I would have been in the hospital with a torn up hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Engelhardt View Post
    A new flush handle for my stupid "water waster" Kohler toilet....God I hate that thing.....for a dime, I'd take a sledge hammer to it....
    I'll give you a quarter. My Mansfield toilets are trash also, all three of them!
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

Would like a saw stop table saw. I have an old Inca cabinet saw my dad gave me. Nice saw but small for some of the stuff I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Curtis View Post
    I bought my 18bx last black Friday weekend for 10 Percent off. I bet the same will be this year as well
    Matthew, thanks for the heads up; I will watch for a similar sale!

On my wish list...

I want / hope to trade my straight knife 8" jointer and 15" planer for a spiral head 12" jointer and 20" planer. I guess we will see what Black Friday deals come down the pike.

There's really nothing major that I need. I've been thinking about upgrading the lathe for a while but I have no idea what I'd want and honestly, I probably don't use it enough to make an upgrade worthwhile. I just decided to change out my router table router and I threw a couple of candidates on my Amazon list, but that's pretty low priority as well. Otherwise, everything I have does what I need it to do.

I bought myself an early Black Friday gift last week. Lincoln was running a hell of a deal on their Power Mig 210. Regular price is $1433 and they were selling them for $999 but it expired last week so I snagged one.

It's possible I'll talk myself into a Domino.

I'll probably take a look and see if there are any good deals on some DeWalt tools I am wanting to acquire.