Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What tools on your Black Friday wish list?

What tools on your Black Friday wish list?

Any tools on your wish list this year?
    Always a long list of tools I would like to have but don't need. But if I can find a deal there may be a spot in my shop.

My wish list.

1) Large bandsaw 17" or larger

2) Drum sander

3) Framing nailer for a deck project next spring.

If I did not already have a sliding compound miter Saw, the DeWalt 12" with portable stand for $399 would be hard to pass up.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

A HVLP set-up.

36" jointer.

Not necessarily for Black Friday, but tops on my wish list is a Sawstop PCS. I've got a quote and am debating whether or not to pull the trigger. I would really like that saw...

miterset and miterset segment jig

Filling out some odds and ends:

- protractor head --- I'd like to start doing more work with more interesting angles
    - a Japanese ryoba hand saw
    - some additional spokeshaves
    - a good quality tap handle --- considering: http://northernmachininginc.com/?page_id=21
    - a threadbox and tap --- I'd like to start making some things which use wooden threads
    - Clifton 3-in-1 plane
    - Veritas 40th Anniversary Dual Marking Gauge (wish I could justify wanting the stainless steel plane, but can't)
    - Veritas Bar Gauge --- messed up a box recently 'cause the bottom was cut just a bit too large
    - 3D Knitted Chisel Roll --- bought a set of matching chisels, and it's either the high-tech roll or make a box for them
    - a small double square
    - a good quality ratcheting screwdriver --- Williams, Snap-On, or Deen
    - a shooting board and plane
    - a set of rasps

There's a 24" jointer on Columbus OH Craigslist.....I don't have room for it and it looks a bit of a project....but it would be sweet.

Two things on my list....Domino and Laguna 18BX. Not expecting to see any Black Friday deals on either. Should have bought the bandsaw when they were 10% off a month or two ago...but had too much going on at the time to deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul F Franklin View Post
    There's a 24" jointer on Columbus OH Craigslist.....I don't have room for it and it looks a bit of a project....but it would be sweet.
    Be great if it hadn't been hacked up and pillow blocks put on it. Some things are better left alone.

The Rikon 10-324 band saw would be nice. Not as nice as the 10-326 but don't think I would use it enough to justify going over a grand for a band saw.
    A decent 12 inch benchtop drill press. Home Depot has the Jet JWDP-12 for $345, I would get it but it is out of stock.

I have been looking on craigslist but where I live it is mostly low quality machines that have been abused with a passion. Low quality and abuse generally means it should be sold for scrap.

I am watching the online stuff. I would love to get A new XYZ DRO, 7 new insert (negative rake is 60°) Lathe tools and a couple low voltage foot control pedal for my demagnetizer and drill press. I would also like a Starrett 199 level.

My Sears is shutting down but I asked and they will do black Friday. OSH is gone RIP. My Kmart is also closing down they may have some craftsman tools as well.
    Bil lD.

All of them. Muahaha

The top three things on my Amazon tool gift ideas list...
    Flexzilla retractable air hose
    6" riser block for my bandsaw
    Woodpeckers 6" x 4" square
    There are a lot more tools on that list that will fit any gift giver's budget

Machines I would like to have, but would pretty much just be gratuitous spending....
    SawStop 3hp
    Band saw with a brake and >2hp motor, undecided about which one but I am pretty sure a PM 1500 would take care of any band saw dreams I am having

Laguna Revo 1836 lathe👍