Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question on Incra tools

Thanks guys. I got an email today saying my 1000HD and I box jig have shipped.

If you like to make boxes you are going to really appreciate the I-Box jig. Combine it with a Freud SBOX8 blade set, or similar set from another source, and your table saw and you will be able to quickly make perfect fitting box joints very easily. The jig can also be used on a router table, but I've had much better results using it on my Unisaw. Use a fresh position of it's sacrificial strip after getting the jig set up to cut your joint and just before you begin making the cut. If you make any adjustments in the jig or blade height, move the sacrificial strip to a fresh position too. The sacrificial strip is the key to getting clean splinter free box joints. When the bottom edge has been used up you can invert it and use the top edge too. Incra sells replacement sacrificial strips at about 3 / $10, but I bought a 2' X 4' piece of 1/4" MDF from Home Depot for about $5 and made about a dozen of them in about an hour using the original as a template, so I will likely not need any more sacrificial strips for years.

Many of my boxes are made from Baltic Birch plywood. Before getting the I-Box jig and Freud SBOX8 blade set I never had good luck cutting box joints in plywood and I was told by others that it couldn't be done. I can easily do it now with only very rarely a chip out.

Charley
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wow, beautiful job.

Got the miter guage set up today. I've never known what it's like to not have a little slop in the slot. I did a few test cuts, and love everything about the 1000HD. I cant wait to use it. If today weren't Thanksgiving, I would be in the shop all day. My I Box should arrive this weekend.