Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question on Incra tools

Question on Incra tools

I recieved a nice gift card and was considering a few new gadgets. I've always wondering about the Incra line of accessories. They seem to be pricey, but focus on accuracy. The reviews are good, but they are promotional, so it would be nice to hear from Creekers who use them. I was considering miter gage setup for table saw, or finger joint jig. Any users?

I have the Router table fence/lift and the Miter SE gauge. I recommend both.

I have some of their other rules and t-measuring things. They're good. The Miter SE gauge is GREAT. The Gripper push block (with the drop down heel) is also very nice.

What Prashun said. I have two of their miter gauges, router lift, I-Box jig and various other doodads. All excellent, as well as their customer service.

Thanks guys. Now to decide. Maybe I'll kick in a little cash as well and get the miter gauge and I box jig

...in line with Prashun and Nick: I have the 3000SE mitre gauge which provides accurate and repeatable settings, as well as t-square, protractor and marking rules. Totally satisfied.

I'm a bit of a tool junkie and have to say I have many of the Incra tools. All have worked as advertised.

The only one that doesn't get used much is the small T square that allows you to draw parallel lines using one of their mechanical pencils. If works, but I find the pencil leads are so fragile and break too easily, that is usually takes me too many attempts to actually draw the line I want.

I have the full Incra LS_TS table fence system and router table on my SawStop. I have the 1000HD table saw miter gauge, the I-Box jig. All have worked well.

Pretty much anything Incra makes is good. I have a lot of their tools. You really cant go wrong with them.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

I have a lot of their older products, mid 90's vintage. I have an Incra drill press table and fence, with stops, Miter 2000 with flip stops, and an assortment of T-rules, and marking rulers. I don't abuse tools, but I don't baby them either, and all of the Incra products have held up.
    If you should ever have a chance to pick up an old Miter 2000, grab it. Kinda finicky to set up initially, but a bulletproof tank after that.
    Incra makes nice stuff.
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)

I LOVE their HD1000 Miter gauge and Express sled. Wonderful tools!
    I dislike the two long rules I bought from them. I almost never reach for them. They are just too big and clunky. (But I still can't bring myself to sell them.)
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

I find their T-rules and bend rules absolutely indispensable, use them every time I'm in the shop. They make measurement accuracy and repeatability easy. I have ended up with one of each size (6", 12" 18").

I have their drill press table, and like it a lot. ALso have the 5000 miter sled. Very well made product, although when I bought it I thought I'd be doing a lot more angles. Turns out I mostly use it as just a cross cut sled, which is kind of a waste.

Ken

I thought I lost my mind when I bought the Incra 1000SE about 10 years ago for somewhere around $130. Turns out to have been one of my best tool purchases ever. I have never had a regret.

I have an Incra Miter 5000 which included the 3000SE miter gauge and the Miter Express sled. It’s an outstanding combination that I use for all me crosscuts. Both my table saw and router table have Incra fences. The fence for my table saw was custom made to my specifications and they also created a special package for the router table. Incra is a fantastic company to work with and everything is Made in America.
    Don Bullock
    Woebgon Bassets
    AKC Championss

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
    -- Edward John Phelps

Love their accessories. I just purchased the box, had a question on setup and received a personal call. First rate!

Incra tools of all types are great; very accurate and precise. If you are looking for longer rules,squares, T-squares, or straight edges I’d suggest Woodpeckers instead. I own an Incra 1000HD miter sled. It is an excellent upgrade to a table saw.

I have the Incra I-Box and the Incra Miter Gauge 1000HD. Both are excellent tools. When I want to cut a perfect 45 degree angle, I get the 1000HD.
    Army Veteran 1968 - 1970
    I Support the Second Amendment of the US Constitution