Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Products that should work, but don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Kelly View Post

Complete and utter garbage.
    I hate staplers. Had a similar one by a different manufacturer. Hated it. Finally bought a pneumatic staple gun. THAT, as they say, is the cat's meow. What a difference!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Prashun Patel View Post
    Bullnose planes. So pretty, so useless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Skelly View Post
    I agree with Prashun - bull nose planes. I have the little bitty Millers Falls and no matter what I do, it just don't work. I even looked up old articles on how to use 'em - no joy.
    Mostly true but, it did work great for this:

Drawers-to-bs-stand (9).jpgDrawers-to-bs-stand (8).jpg

I do agree, few and far between though

Slick planes and card scraper holders. spent way too much time on both, sent them down the highway.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    Mostly true but, it did work great for this:

Drawers-to-bs-stand (9).jpgDrawers-to-bs-stand (8).jpg

I do agree, few and far between though

Slick planes and card scraper holders. spent way too much time on both, sent them down the highway.
    I am not a hand tool aficionado but I have considered a bull nose plane just for that use.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Skelly View Post
    I hate staplers. Had a similar one by a different manufacturer. Hated it. Finally bought a pneumatic staple gun. THAT, as they say, is the cat's meow. What a difference!
    I had trouble with one of my staplers recently. Turned out I had the wire stapling attachment on it . Gonna store that
    piece somewhere else now!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Kelly View Post

Complete and utter garbage.
    I have one of those, don't use it often but the only problem I've had is I'm used to the staples coming out the other end. What issues have you had? I also have an electric stapler and admit it is easier to use.

Out of the (3) PowerShot staplers I've recently purchased / returned, only one of them actually fires staples on a good day (they don't completely seat). One of the others jammed almost instantly and one wouldn't advance any staples at all. Completely infuriating.

I should probably buy a light gauge pneumatic stapler.

FlexSeal, in all of the varieties and applications I've tried it with. Makes whatever you're using it on look ugly and still leak.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee DeRaud View Post
    FlexSeal, in all of the varieties and applications I've tried it with. Makes whatever you're using it on look ugly and still leak.
    Upon further review, I'm not sure that qualifies as a "product that should work", but it seemed like a good idea at the time.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

I have used two wheel wheel barrows for twenty years and would never go back to a single. As far as things that do not work, I can't think of any. They almost all work in some limited capacity. Perhaps the fancy digital TV antenna I bought for the kitchen TV. I get one station 15 miles away as the crow flies. The two that are closer, one only 5 miles away, I can't get. When I first got it, it even picked up a station 30 miles away. One by one, all but the one disappeared. In the old house, just 100 yds away, we had an antenna, much lower in the ravine and got Baltimore Maryland AND 8 local stations. I can't figure it out. But the one station on that Tv still works when the power is off (batteries) and cable is out. Mrs. must have her coffee and her morning news. the rest of the day she will put up with a power outage.