Thread: DeWalt RAS repair

DeWalt RAS repair

I picked up a 7790 for the non negotiable price of $0.00. Little bit of electrical repair and it runs and cuts great. Now the down side, previous owner removed the saw carriage lock. I can turn the saw head to rip but have no way to hold it in place. I’m reluctant to pull it apart until I have some idea of how the carriage lock works and a beginning direction on repair. All the pictures I’ve found on line show the left side of the saw carriage.
    I can use all the help I can get on restoring this saw to operating order
    Thanks in advance

790 is the same as the 7790. This has blown up parts diagrams.
    http://www.vintagemachinery.org/pubs...l.aspx?id=3628

Ripping on a radial arm saw scares me. I prefer to rip on the table saw and cross cut on my radial arms saws...I have four of them...at two locations.

Anyway, I suppose if you only have the RAS, then ripping on it may be necessary.

Just an unrelated comment...sorry...first thing that popped into my mind when i read your post.

Bill

Edit: Nice saw by the way. Wish I had one...
    Too much to do...Not enough time...life is too short!

Go to the dewalt radial arm saw forum and they have all the answers for that saw. I rebuilt a 50 year old dewalt 1400 with invaluable info from folks on that forum. And it now cuts perfectly, they have to really be set up right. Good luck, that's a great saw, but you sure have to know how to use it to be safe. Have fun. Randy