Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To all the people "down south"

To all the people "down south"

It was 28 degrees this morning here in Central PA and yesterday we didn't get above 35. Just want to scare you all a bit

,,,,,,,,,and thus, the migration of the snowbirds will be in full flight.
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)

It was below freezing this morning here in East Tennessee, frost on everything if you can believe that. Going out to feed the animals I wore multiple layers, two jackets, ear muffs, a warm hood, and gloves. Please provide the appropriate sympathy. Maybe I should move south.

JKJ

It was 27° here this morning. It felt good for this Michigan transplant.

24 degrees F here this morning.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Here in Brazil it is a little bit hotter...

17 degrees in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley in Virginia..

Blog Entries
    It is 60 degrees, cloudy, and wet street in Galveston County Texas this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Osvaldo Cristo View Post
    Here in Brazil it is a little bit hotter...
    Thanks for the update from Brazil, Osvaldo. What's the woodworking scene like down there ? What woods do you use ?

Blog Entries
    Tampa checking in, high today 87*f low 68*f. It is supposed to cool down by the end of this week, bet they said that last week as well.

Blog Entries
    It was also 28 degrees here. Wait- we are talking Celsius, right? I absolutely love my open-air kitchen. Watching the M/V Arctic swing on her anchor. Look her up- amazing yacht. I'm a blow boat kinda guy but if I were to spend $80 million on a power yacht, that would be the one. (Note: this will NEVER happen).

image.jpg

P.S. I really hesitated to post this, but (a) you asked for it, and (b) those that know me know it's not always fun and games here, but this makes it worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Schweizer View Post
    It was also 28 degrees here. Wait- we are talking Celsius, right? I absolutely love my open-air kitchen. Watching the M/V Arctic swing on her anchor. Look her up- amazing yacht. I'm a blow boat kinda guy but if I were to spend $80 million on a power yacht, that would be the one. (Note: this will NEVER happen).

image.jpg

P.S. I really hesitated to post this, but (a) you asked for it, and (b) those that know me know it's not always fun and games here, but this makes it worth it.
    Malcolm, why would you want an ice-breaking cargo ship? (grin, question, confusion) (googled m/v arctic)
    Mike
    From the workshop under the staircase, Clinton Township, MI
    Semper Audere!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mike holden View Post
    Malcolm, why would you want an ice-breaking cargo ship? (grin, question, confusion) (googled m/v arctic)
    Mike
    Good point, but of all the ships that I have seen, and I've seen most of the top names, this one is at least a real vessel, worthy of real actual ocean use. Some of these yachts are just well-built houses, and most get carried here each year on piggyback on top of a cargo ship.

Can you imagine how strong that bow must be built? I would hate to have to add a through-hull on that baby. :-)

In MN, we are hoping it might get above freezing for a little while later this week. Otherwise we have a low of 7 to look forward to tonight. At least it is 7 above zero.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Seemann View Post
    In MN, we are hoping it might get above freezing for a little while later this week. Otherwise we have a low of 7 to look forward to tonight. At least it is 7 above zero.
    ...but you have Lie-Nielsen right there in your back yard. Seriously- I'd be broke.