Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I become a contributor?

How do I become a contributor?

After receiving significant help from people like Wayne, Doug, etal I've decided to contribute to the site. This information and knowledge I've obtained in just a couple short months far exceeds the cost of contribution and therefore more than worth it.

My only problem.... how do I do that? There's no link or anything that I can find. You need a big flashing banner or something.

Hi Michael,
    Glad you get value here. I do too. Here's one was to set up a contribution:
    1. Top right corner of blue Sawmill Creek banner has a link to "settings". Click that.
    2. Go to the lower left side of the page that comes up (box called "my accounts") and click "paid subscriptions".

(There is an easier way, but darned if I can find it right now.)

Fred
    Last edited by Frederick Skelly; 11-11-2018 at 6:45 AM.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Michael, there is a Donate button located on the top menu area of each page. Thank you for becoming a Contributor!!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Schlumpf View Post
    Michael, there is a Donate button located on the top menu area of each page. Thank you for becoming a Contributor!!
    DOH! And it's in gold letters yet! I knew there was an easier way. Thanks Steve.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

You will also find information about supporting The Creek in our FAQ thread.

Blog Entries
    Michael, thanks for becoming a contributor.

You can also click on the link in my signature to contribute.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Or mine.

Thanks for helping out.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    You can also click on the link in my signature to contribute.
    Question, do I need to do something to make your signature show up. I see the text in your profile but not in the message. (Same with Bruce.) In fact, I don't remember ever seeing any signatures. Do I have some setting disabled?

JKJ

EDIT: Never mind, I found it - Forum Actions, General Settings, Thread Display Options, Show Settings.
    Last edited by John K Jordan; 11-11-2018 at 6:46 PM.

John, there is a box in your settings that enables / disables signature viewing.

Oops, didn't see your edit.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I finally realized at the bottom there is a link to the "full site" which then allows me to see the donate link.

I just made my annual contribution but afterwards thought that it might not apply to 2019 as intended. Are contributions recognized for the year or for a 12 month period? Thanks
    Rustic? Well, no. That was not my intention!

Quote Originally Posted by David Utterback View Post
    I just made my annual contribution but afterwards thought that it might not apply to 2019 as intended. Are contributions recognized for the year or for a 12 month period? Thanks
    I can't answer that, but there's an easy way to make sure - I set mine up for a monthly deduction!

JKJ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by David Utterback View Post
    Yes, all contributions run for 12 months from the date they are made.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

This may be a dumb question, but if I contribute and send someone a PM who doesn't, will they get it and be able to respond?
    Love this site and will probably contribute anyway. Just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by David Koehler View Post
    This may be a dumb question, but if I contribute and send someone a PM who doesn't, will they get it and be able to respond?
    Love this site and will probably contribute anyway. Just wondering.
    I don't think you can send them a PM. For example, when I click on your name there is no option for me to send a PM to you. However, I could send an email since you apparently have that enabled.

JKJ